1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

A new verison of BeamNG.Drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 247365countryboy, Jan 7, 2020.

?

Should there be a BeamNG.Drive lite?

1. Yes

6.1%
  2. No

93.9%
  1. 247365countryboy

247365countryboy
    Expand Collapse

Hi my name is Zakk, I was thinking that maybe there should be a lite version of BeamNG.Drive. I don't know if that's possible but do you guys and gals think that's a good idea? If so I'd like to hear you opinion.

2. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

Not the direction I think BeamNG would go, if you can't run BeamNG, I'm not trying to be mean but save up and get better hardware.

3. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

We used to have a demo version for awhile, but if I'm being entirely frank BeamNG is a game with plenty of exposure; a free, lite, demo, etc. version should (in my mind) exist to cultivate exposure, demonstrate the basic capabilities, and try to sell the game to an audience without outright satiating the desire for further gameplay.

In this case, BeamNG has probably thousands of hours worth of gameplay on YouTube, some of it by very big-name YouTubers, which (again, in my opinion) largely renders freebies unneeded; you know whether-or-not you want the game after watching a five video let's-play series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Last time I saw a staff member respond to the request for a demo the response was steam's refund policy effectively acts as the gameplay demo.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. davidinark

davidinark
    Expand Collapse

Fwiw, I do wish the tech demo were updated to reflect current development.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice