1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

A Problem With the Newest Hotfix 0.11.2

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Cory5503, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Alright, I'd hate to be this guy but this issue has become extremely irritating and is making BeamNG virtually unplayable. With the latest hotfix, HDR is permanently on. This is a graphics setting that I always used to run with off. Now that it is on, against everything the developers are saying, for some reason it has dramatically impacted my performance is a negative way. I used to get 14-15 FPS on the new WCA map and with this most recent hotfix, I get 10-12 FPS. I don't know why this is, maybe because I have a $500 gaming potato versus the monsters that the developers have.

Beware of mini-rant below:
    Even more annoying is the lack of help and recognition I've gotten when I have posted in the update feedback thread. I have posted 3, count them, 3 times and not a single response. The most helpful thing I've gotten so far was @Nadeox1 responding to another user saying "HDR in BeamNG.drive does not have visual or performance impact. It's enabled by default, as some particles needs it." And yes, I get it the developers are very busy right now but I have watched them respond to much less serious problems like the lamp post being in the wrong spot (no, they didn't respond to that but they did respond to stuff like that). I'd just at the very most wish for a "Hmmm... weird" or anything. I am sorry if I have offended anyone but I'm trying to prove a point.

Also, is anyone else having this problem with HDR?

2. chevyguyjoe

chevyguyjoe
    Expand Collapse

Im having a huge over exposure issue after the last hotfix. When I adjust the gamma slider nothing seems to change. This happens on every map, even in safe mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Bro, its fine, and it made a few points I guess, but yeah, I believe a friend of mine has had FPS problems once the second hotfix came about, but I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monsterjam9876

Monsterjam9876
    Expand Collapse

im getting the same problem and i was told that my graphics card was broken. becuase i you now i know whats wrong and im still very upset becuase its gotten extremley hard to play my favorite game. i dont want to buy stuff for just one game and i would like to be able to run it smooth like i used to. i hope that what ever is going on they can fix and i can play and have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chevyguyjoe

chevyguyjoe
    Expand Collapse

Got my issue fixed by going to: Documents > BeamNG.Drive, and deleting the "Settings" folder.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Sorry that we couldn't help you in time :/

And thanks for sharing the solution! :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for being a pain but I was getting annoyed with the game and I was worried that my posts weren't getting noticed and my game would be stuck like this. Thank you though.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks! I'm trying that now.

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Yep, the bright part usually happens when you postFX settings are broken in first place.
    Deleting that folder resets it to default.

I'm 99% sure HDR does not have any impact on performance.
    I've tried on multiple machines with no (even minimal) differences.
    Your issue may be caused by something else.

Do this:
    Load Gridmap (do not move the camera or the vehicle)
    Go to options > user-interface > enable 'Advanced Mode'
    In the sidemenu there should be a new button named 'PERFORMANCE'
    Press it. Then click the 'Hide UI for 10 seconds' button on the top-right corner.
    Wait until the UI returns back, then press ALT+O and paste the link for the image here.

Cheers

9. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Most of the lag is coming from your CPU as you can see.
    (Unless you are using a Integrated Graphics, which sometimes show up as CPU work)

Repeat the above, but this time with HDR off.
    You can find that in Options > Graphics > (Custom Preset) > PostFX button > HDR tab > uncheck the 'Enable' box

11. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I'll try that. Quick question: Does that mean that my CPU should be the weak link that I upgrade?
    --- Post updated ---
    http://media-cdn.beamng.com/a2RVit2dWEHqVWTT/screenshot_00002.jpg

12. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why it took me this long to notice this, but when I went to troubleshoot BeamNG again, I noticed that although I disabled HDR in the PostFX menu as you instructed, there was no framerate or visual change. I tried enabling and disabling it over and over with no change. Do you know what may be causing this?

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

As I said, HDR has really no visible impact on performance ^.^
    It must be something else.
    On the second screenshot you posted, your GPU delay is really high instead (opposite of the first screenshot).

What are your specs? Seems like really below the minimum requirements of the game in general.

14. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

CPU: AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processor

RAM: 8GB DDR3

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

And I am on windows 10

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice