Absolutely Stuck& Puzzled with New Non Posting Ryzen 5 PC Build

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Ben Anderson, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Ben Anderson

Ben Anderson
    Expand Collapse

I am absolutely stuck. I built a new Ruzen Build PC which worked fine for 1 month, then shut down suddenly. When restarted it froze on bootup and never did anything. Then when tried to start again after that and at any other time since then, just get the fans spinning and no error beeps.

The local PC shop said probably fried motherboard. Got a new motherboard (this time one that is compatible with new Ryzen 5, as the old Asus one needing AMD Bootkit).

Installed new motherboard all seemed to be working fine. Then once again the whole thing from above happened, the shutdown then freezes and then never posting again. Got a motherboard speaker and no beeps at all. Just the fans and everything else spinning and no post. Sent that motherboard off to eBuyer returns who stated it posted fine for them and they said no fault an sent it back. Got it back, installed it again and then worked fine then exactly the same thing happened all over again within 15 minutes of it working!

I tried then putting in the Bootkit Processor AMD gave me beforehand and took every component out other than power/CPU. I got a recurring beep so the motherboard seems to be responding, but once I put then RAM in it's just back to the fans spinning and no post sounds.

We have tried CHMOS battery take in/out, reset CHMOS pins, CPU reposition, change RAM slot, graphics card reposition.

I am getting really desperate for help now, I have no idea what I should do. Would really appreciate some advice on what I should do on my next steps. Really upset my investment is basically unusable. I am baffled beyond belief!

Problem is the 14 days has now passed for Amazons returns as all this has taken so long so far to sort out!!! I really can't afford to keep buying new things.

It sounds like it could possibly now be RAM, problem is its DDR4 and have no way to test. The motherboard is not giving any error sounds for the RAM, so I would think that's ok. I'm thinking now power supply but really don't know!

My Components

Gigabyte B450M DS3H AM4 DDR4 mATX Motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X 6-Core 19 MB Cache 95 W Wraith Spire Cooler - Black (I am using stock cooler and of course Thermal Paste is reapplied when taking CPU in/out).

Corsair CMK16GX4M1A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4 2400 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit, Black

EVGA (04G-P4-6253-KR) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC (Single Fan) Gaming, 4GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card

Samsung 500 GB 860 EVO M.2 Sata III Solid State Drive

Be Quiet BN272 PURE POWER 10 400 W Cooling Fan - Black

3x be quiet! Pure Wings BL046 3-Pin 120 mm Case Fan - Black

Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L Computer Case 'Magnetic Patterned Dust Filters, Modular I/O Panel, Window Side Panel' MCB-Q300L-KANN-S00

I have also ensured all connections are in fine. The RAM is in the correct slot and in fine. We tested PSU in an older computer which seemed to work fine. W

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I would guess PSU, but thing here is you need to test with other known good PSU on that problematic computer, to find out if it is the cause.

Could be also RAM, but that is even harder for you to test as you have only single 16GB stick, 2x 8GB could be actually faster because it would work in dual channel, at least so with intel builds.

My experience with BeQuiet has been that I got one, it died and there was huge worm on floor after that, got new one from warranty, same thing, it dies and again there was huge worm on the floor, worm was species that did not live in area, so I guess that had something to do with the issue, or not, but not the best luck with that brand :D

Now after thing stops posting, if you take power cord off from the psu and after 15 minutes put it back in, does it post fine?

That could indicate that it could be PSU, maybe, it still is unreliable to tell, but would be better than nothing.

3. Never1

Never1
    Expand Collapse

id say try forcing an updated bios, ive heard Ryzen (especially TR4) has issue with failure to post due to old bios

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice