1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

advanced steering adjustment for race driving

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by The Blitz, Jun 24, 2020.

1. The Blitz

The Blitz
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to do a race adjusted steering settings but so far its not working great. I set the steerting start-stop as 0-30km/h and steering is limited to %25. The thing is i would actually set this percentage to %20 but it would just amplify this problem i have, which is the slow moving wheel.(edit: im using a controller, ps4 joystick)

When you want to turn from full right %25 to full left %25, it happens very slowly thus controlling the car in repeated corners, suddenly turning for a corner becomes harder.

Also steering go into its neutral position at its same slow speed which is not enough, when i finish turning a corner and let go of the thumb stick, the steering should quickly go straight as well, not slowly turn to straight.

Increasing the limit to %30 helps in this slow turning regard but then the steering becomes too sensitive for high speed driving.

This either has to be fixed, or options must be given so we can change the speed of turning seperately. Or if it can be somehow adjusted from a ingame file, let me know and ill try it.

edit: my linearity is 2.5 and im happy with that i tried lowering the value but then steering becomes worse for me and slow turning still happens in linearity 1 so thats not the issue)

#1 The Blitz, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  2. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

I'm afraid I don't follow what issue you're suffering. Regardless I'll provide some generic advice, which is to try the Options > Controls > edit the Steering binding > Filter Type > "Direct" > Apply.
    In addition to that, also check the possibilities offered by Options > Controls > Filters menu :)

3. The Blitz

The Blitz
    Expand Collapse

i thought those set of options (key grip,drift etc.) were just the same thing but had different names so you could customize each of them differently in the filter section seperately. My problem appears to be fixed for now thanks.
    Also i thought i was being clear enough, with 0-30 start stop and %25 limit they were all about the filter adjustments :D
    --- Post updated ---
    Edit: These key grip,drift etc. options being under the section "filter" isnt very intuitive, maybe something like "sensitivity styles" would be better. Btw, in your opinion, what should i use for steering to feel as close to gran turismo series as possible?

#3 The Blitz, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

I'm guessing Gran Turismo has fake abs for all cars? If so, then you can choose the 'Arcade ABS' in Options > Gameplay. This way all cars will have some sort of ABS (rather than only those cars that have an ABS system installed, which is the 'Realistic ABS' default),
    Other than that, I can't offer much help, as the last time I played those games were in the PSX era with a PC emulator :-D

5. The Blitz

The Blitz
    Expand Collapse

oh i meant for steering adjustments not abs :) but i guess you didnt play long time its fine ill fiddle with the settings myself. Btw i just watched gran turismo 7 trailer and abs does look quite fake :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice