Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by CN877, Jun 28, 2017.

1. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I just bought beamNG not even a week ago during the steam summer sale, although I think i'm up for the challenge of trying to make my first mod. im only 15 and have little experience with programming and blendr, and i usually dont have much spare time on my hands, so i understand it will take a long time.

I really want to make a car, based off a early 1960's chrysler s or r series valiant (plymouth in US) but i have no clue where to start. the car I want to make is a unibody, and has a slant 6 engine. I'm not going to rush it as i want it to be as realistic as possible (im a perfectionist).

The only problem is... I have no clue where to start.. at all.. I was hoping someone with some experience can tell me where to begin :)

I thought with holidays coming up there would be no better time to start

thanks for your time :)

Attached Files:

• sseries.jpg
  2. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

Check out the Documentations on the wiki
    upload_2017-6-28_10-16-42.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

4. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

For starters, you're going to need a model. For a 60's Chrysler you will probably have to make your own. You will need blueprints, lots of reference images and modeling software of your choice. There are plenty of tutorials on the net teaching you how to model, it's recommended you watch/read them.

Once you have a model, the other thing to do is the jbeam. You can research this on the wiki and play around with official vehicles to get a good idea of how it works.

I should point out too that making a car for BeamNG is no easy task, it's actually bloody hard! Even for the game devs, who have years of modeling and jbeam experience, it can take them months on end to complete a single car. Not to say it's impossible for a beginner, but you will need to be serious if you actually plan to get anywhere. That said, I wish you luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

thanks heaps, this helps a lot. luckily for me, i am part of an owners club so hopefully it will be easy to get some blueprints, fingers crossed, and you never know, maybe in a year or so you might be driving my mod (i wish lol)

6. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Sweet! If you can get access to a real life example, that would be ideal, as you can just look at it for reference;)

7. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

my family owns one ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice