Aftermarket Driveshaft

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Denny1985, Jul 19, 2018.

?

Would you like to get stronger Driveschafts? (not indestructible)

1. Hell Yeah

84.2%
  2. Pls god NOOO

15.8%
  1. Denny1985

Denny1985
    Expand Collapse

Can some modder or the defs Maybe make an aftermarket driveshaft for the awd and rwd vehicle, (heavy duty ones, like for heavy pulling or extreme offroad) i build a heavy drag pickup with enough power to nicely lift the front, when i make the full throttle start all driveshafts snaps, thats anoying. i need to get this thing first to a roll befor i able to floor it :-(

pls it were so much more fun

2. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I agree. Not all driveshafts are made the same. Something lke a carbon fiber driveshaft would be nice too.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CommandoAir

CommandoAir
    Expand Collapse

I think this could be expanded. I feel like the default shafts are too strong. You can pour power into an engine, and the engine will almost always over-torque before the shaft fails.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Denny1985

Denny1985
    Expand Collapse

äähm, with the vanilla engines YES. but i use some mods. also many mod cars were i use my own config settings on. so my d-15 with round about 2k HP just make a 2 inch jump and the driveshafts all snap. it were just nice to have some driveshafts they able to handle most of the power to use a PROPPER drag car with front engine and rear wheel drive thats able to do nice wheelies. when i did know how i could mod my own driveshafts i were done already

5. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Currently in BeamNG you don't directly snap driveshafts from torque. The driveshaft itself doesn't care about torque, only about extension and compression. Generally speaking the breakage is happening because of some effect on the rest of the jbeam. In other words something moves and then the driveshaft either gets squished or stretched out lengthwise. (Or it's part of a breakgroup that breaks for some reason maybe?) In other words you don't make stronger driveshafts, rather you have to make jbeams more resistant to flexing/movement.

This sounds like it would be right up your all @Denny1985: Torsion's D-Series Wheelie Monster - It includes an engine producing about 5k HP, unrealistically sticky tires, a stronger suspension jbeam to keep the driveshaft from breaking, and a few other things. Configs are included and it's a fun beast. Several of the included parts are not equipped by default, even in the configs - this is discussed in the repo entry for the mod. Those parts are there for advanced users to play with. :) With all that said, I haven't updated the mod in over a year. There may be minor issues that I'm unaware of: if you find any please report them in the discussion thread.

6. Denny1985

Denny1985
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the hint, i will test it out shortly

7. Divepunk

Divepunk
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know Necro thread.

I voted "Hell Yeah" though TBH I want invincible driveshafts, ones that will survive even 200+mph impacts. I've tried modifying the driveshaft Jbeams for the D-series relatively extensively even utilizing FLT_MAX in applicable areas(and when that didn't work,.. in even more areas)..

I actually just came across this thread after typng "D-series indestructible driveshaft"

8. VENOMOUS 2

VENOMOUS 2
    Expand Collapse

how about full-time 4wd viscous coupling heavy front driveshaft and rear extended driveshaft it is pretty strong

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice