1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

AI dumb as a brick?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattpanther, Nov 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mattpanther

mattpanther
    Expand Collapse

For me when i use the AI in the demolition arena the AI will only go forward hit the wall and keep on trying to drive, before the update it would not do this and back up. Thought the AI got improved.

2. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

I do not believe that map has AI roads yet.

3. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

...When did you ever see the AI back up after hitting a wall in Derby Arenas? You must have been in a scenario because it would never do that. Nor do I think it would be able to because Derby Arenas has no AI pathed Decalroads unless you change it in editors.

So to answer your original post.....Yes, AI is dumb as a sheep...

4. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Despite Derby Area not being mapped, on other maps AI loves to overshoot corners and god save them if they get the slightest bit sideways.

5. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

yeah, but on ECUSA and WCUSA its actually really good.

6. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

I find that I have to set the parameter risk at 0.6 for them to be able to drive somewhat decent. It's not bad then until they need to turn around which ends up hung up on a curb, in the ditch or stuck in reverse.

7. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

I tend to have the opposite problem, where if I want to have a decent chase I need to set the risk factor to well over 1, otherwise the AI drives like a scared grandma when it takes gentle turns on a wide road. The AI is actually better on small twisty roads. There I can have a hard time keeping up. I think the AI would benefit from taking into account the road width/type before ultimately deciding what risks to take.

#7 Unster, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

absolutely love ur pfp
    its freaking amazing

9. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. Yeah I just wanted to add a face to the default pic, since I didn't want to be faceless, but I didn't feel like coming up with an entirely new profile pic. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

They made changes to the AI in the 0.12 update, unknowingly ruining the chase mode. Now the car in chase mode will only hit you with its front. If you are behind it, it will drive forward in search for a place to make an u-turn. Look here:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/0-13...g-thread-read-1-post.56010/page-4#post-890617
    As you see, I have already reported that twice, but devs give zero damn.

#10 Ytrewq, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  11. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Now now, that is not true, they might not address every issue right away, but they do care for sure, it is their best interest to make AI work well, however there are short term and long term goals, some aspects of AI might not make sense to work much right now if for example they have bigger plan rolling in regards of AI, which might give much better results bit later.

There can be various of reasons why it has not been possible to address that issue for 0.13 or 0.14, but one thing is certain that they do care about it and seeing someone thinking they "give zero damn" is kinda hurting when they work very hard to make things better all the time.

In chase mode AI car that is chasing tends to hit trees quite often indeed, but when I do chasing things work out quite nicely:

12. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Yes, chase AI is behaving quite well in literal chases, but a demo derby is now impossible. I used to enjoy them with Beamng physics, but I have been unable to play one for half a year now and it's making me slightly mad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CarsRFun

CarsRFun
    Expand Collapse

DELETED

14. Blue_Guy

Blue_Guy
    Expand Collapse

If found that if you stay near the ai in chase/flee mode it's less dumb.

If you go further than 20 feet away from it, its dumber than dirt

15. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

It’s still a brick in flee. It forgets about roads when you get too far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice