Airsofters of BeamNG

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by vicnitro, May 8, 2014.

1. vicnitro

vicnitro
    Expand Collapse

Airsofters of the BeamNG, I'm thinking of joining this sport and would like to have feedback, was it worth your time, do you enjoy it, is it extremely expensive, questions like those. Keep in mind that I live in NYC and if you have experience in the area you should tell me what it was like and so on.
    Thank you for your help guys.

- - - Updated - - -

No one? Ok :(

- - - Updated - - -

Hurray replies!

#1 vicnitro, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Got any local clubs you could visit?

3. vicnitro

vicnitro
    Expand Collapse

Not exactly no, I haven't purchased any gear yet so I haven't really searched for one yet

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Here in the UK we need a UKARA permit to buy replica firearms and this actually necessitates visiting and participating at an airsoft site with rented weapons first. I'm sure most US airsoft clubs will allow a newcomer to come along and possibly rent/borrow some gear and provide some advice on what you need to be getting

5. The Sturmovik

The Sturmovik
    Expand Collapse

When I played, it sure was worth my time! However, getting into it is like any other hobby: you have to dedicate yourself to it. I have a set of old BDU's I wear, along with protective eyewear, a G36 AEG (somewhat expensive, $350), and a bunch of magazines. The BB's are relatively cheap when compared to real ammunition or paintball, so that's a plus. However, the started kit I have is pretty decent so I spent a little over $400 for all of it. But once I got over that hurdle, it was awesome! Only thing to consider is where you play and with whom. Clubs are awesome, although I mostly play with friends from the area who are into it.
    Again, where you play and with whom is probably the most important factor to consider, because with the internet and all that, getting equipment really isn't that hard. And if you don't have anybody to play with... well that's boring.

6. vicnitro

vicnitro
    Expand Collapse

Oh cool, I have 2 friends with whom I intend to play with, can I show you a weapon I'm planning on purchasing and hearing your thoughts?

Here it is : http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/835...g-rifle-w-crane-stock-full-metal-gearbox.aspx

#6 vicnitro, May 9, 2014
  7. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I have a few guns, with my main one being a pretty nice m4, and, in my opinion, the funnest way to play is to just get with some friends and start shooting each other. You gotta be kinda careful if you're playing around houses because people could get mad.
    In the many times I've played, many of those being just along streets in suburban neighborhoods, never gotten in any trouble. You may come across someone that doesn't want you there every now and then, but no one's ever called the cops or anything of that severity.
    And all you really need are some safety glasses, a gun and some bullets.
    Or if you are a puss maybe you could by some special clothing or something, but its not like the bullets will kill you or anything. Don't even break skin. They hurt pretty damn bad though, but that's just all part of the game ;).
    Not too expensive after you buy a gun. You can get a decent gun for under 200 bucks most of the time. Ammo is pretty cheap too.

8. vicnitro

vicnitro
    Expand Collapse

I would do what you do but I live in the city and that would just get me a big old possesion of a weapon in the 4th degree and possibly get me shot lol, I'm going to have to go to certain places out of city to do that like an airsoft field or something
    1399600660494.jpg

9. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Yeah probably wouldn't be a good idea to have an airsoft war on the streets on new york lol.
    I guess you'll have to find an airsoft place. Those are pretty fun, too. I personally prefer the outdoor places, but cqb is also great fun.

10. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

I just wanna put this out there: It's extremely fun, and extremely expensive.

A decent rifle will run you at least $200 if you want something of quality. Then if you really want to get into it, they charge a ton for the specialized padding, clips, and accessories. A sidearm will cost around 50-90 depending on what you get. There is a large variety of things to buy, trust me. You could hit gold and get something awesome for cheap. But if you really want all the bells and whistles it's gonna be at least $500 for a whole set of gear. (A primary weapon or two, sidearm, helmet, padding, ammo, clips, sights, grenades, accessories, etc.)

You can usually find a pretty nice local arena if you just Google it. I've been to a couple where they just rent you a gun for a few hours, you get unlimited ammo, and you play as long as you'd like. It's some of the most fun I've ever had really.

Made a riot shield out of some Plexiglas, tape, and leather and took it to the arena one time. It was a ton of fun.. before it started to chip after every shot. There is so much fun to be had with this sport. Just picture holding with a riot shield and wearing helmet going around with a G18 nailing people. It's such an awesome experience. Basically real life Call of Duty haha. Definitely something to experience, so I highly recommend it. A hell of a lot less painful than paintball lol

#10 Nickorator, May 9, 2014
  11. Regular_K

Regular_K
    Expand Collapse

We cant have airsoft in australia. I hate it. Im really into weaponry and have made countless IED's, homemade rocket launchers and air cannons. I modified a cap gun rifle to shoot ball bearings, but it melted inside and i couldent use it. Would it be worth going the US just for airsoft? Ive wanted to play it so bad. NERF is shit.

12. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

13. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

i would hardly prefer R.A.M. over Airsoft... of course its more expensive and theyre pretty hard to get,
    but its so much more intense. Ive played both a few years ago and after getting my first R.A.M marker,
    Airsoft just felt like playin with toys...

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

R.A.M? Like a lower caliber paintball marker?

I have been paintballing, that was wicked fun, and painful

15. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

yupp 43.cal paintballs, hurts like hell...;)

oh good times:):

#15 Ghost187, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  16. BanditRacing

BanditRacing
    Expand Collapse

Price wise, it depends on a number of things, like the type of gun you want, what gear you want, what attachments you want on your gun (if you do), who the manufacture is can cause a change in price.

17. Rokzy rules

Rokzy rules
    Expand Collapse

scary.png *Calls Australian authorities*

18. BanditRacing

BanditRacing
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to come to the U.S. after that post. I'm pretty sure you are on some list that no one knows about. I'm pretty sure we all are, but please be careful with what you say. And yes NERF is shit. ( If any offence is taken by this, I'm sorry and I hope you have a great day/night)

19. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I honestly hope you're joking.
    But if you're serious, please just keep all that government watching, illuminati crap to yourself.

20. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

lol wut

everyone does that

all they care is what you take on the plane :<

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice