WIP Beta released Graphics Mod AL - Fancy stuff instructions 20220818 for 0.25

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Brother_Dave, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Yes you should :) Im pretty sure its an easy fix but i tgink they done some mi or changes to the maps light too? Its brighter in the morning and evening and it looks like its rayleighscattering thats been slightly upped. Ill have a look if my AL12 looks good as ais otherwise itll take a lil while. Was going to release it in a few days but hold it off since the word on the street said there was an update in the making :)

2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

AL12 Released, a more basic one, instead of the filmic one i had planned.

This due to a change when i used the latest vanilla Beamngs graphics, alongside with Bloom being broken? (cant fake my GI anymore lol). Please note that it might be me, i havent got a clean install yet so.. :)

Anyways, this is a quick release with:

• Tonemapping changes
    • Single sun flare (sorry beamng devs but im back at a single flare now, Gran Turismo style hopefully)

and thats about it honestly. Ive done NO changes to the maps this time since i think the vanilla evening/morning lighting has changed? Atleast rayleighscattering has increased on the vanilla maps. And overall i think Beamng looks better?

Installation:

1. Download AL12.zip from this post.

2. Drag the art, core and shaders-folders from that zip to your "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\BeamNG.drive\0.22.0.1"-folder:

upload_2021-3-30_12-0-32.png

3. Delete the Temp-folder in "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\BeamNG.drive\0.22.0.1"-folder, its afaik replacing the Cache folder from before the 0.22 update.3

upload_2021-3-30_12-1-4.png

4. Start the awesome Beamng.Drive, go into your graphic options and make sure you have all PostFx effects enabled:

upload_2021-3-30_11-50-50.png

5. Click the POSTFX MANAGER-button, hit Light Rays and slide the slider to whatever slidenumber you want. I use this amount of Light Rays:

upload_2021-3-30_11-51-23.png

That should be it!

If you have problems, make sure you followed the instructions, also make sure you have a clean install. I recommend clearing the cache using the Beamng Launcher before starting this install.
    If theres still problems i might have effed up so please tell me :)

Screenshots, lazy ones:

upload_2021-3-30_12-3-18.png

upload_2021-3-30_12-3-31.png

upload_2021-3-30_12-3-41.png

upload_2021-3-30_12-3-51.png

upload_2021-3-30_12-4-14.png

upload_2021-3-30_12-5-24.png

upload_2021-3-30_12-6-28.png

Attached Files:

3. cheems_samurai

cheems_samurai
    Expand Collapse

I think this update broke your mod, for me at least. I followed your directions, it looks like your pics, and no difference. :(

4. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

The difference is less now but should be more colorful.
    Did you notice the change of folder location?

5. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

Your amazing! Thank you!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I take it it works :) Glad you like it :)

7. Cmiller23124

Cmiller23124
    Expand Collapse

In one of ur pics there is a temp folder. When I download AL12 i don't see any temp folder in my game. Is there something that i am doing wrong.
    --- Post updated ---
    I just figured it out lol. Glad to see the new update!
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok well I seemed to have figured that out but now I am having another problem. When I went to start Beamng there was an error that basically just said that the file contains a virus or unwanted software. So I got rid of the Al12 files and my game still will not launch. What do you think I could do? Maybe reinstall the game?

8. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Shouldnt get that message from using my mod so reinstalling the game would probably take care of the problem. Im not aware of the devs launching some software check tool to disable these kinds of mods o_O Was it windows that gave you the warning or Beamng?

9. Cmiller23124

Cmiller23124
    Expand Collapse

Ok well I seemed to have figured that out but now I am having another problem. When I went to start Beamng there was an error that basically just said that the file contains a virus or unwanted software. So I got rid of the Al12 files and my game still will not launch. What do
    Just saw that Beamng actually put out a notice of some antivirus softwares falsely identifying stuff. I have a feeling thats what happened with me. I reinstalled beamng and I can start the game up again and I am going to be trying again to download Al12. I'll let you know how it goes.
    --- Post updated ---
    So I have been able to download the mod and I believe I have it working.
    Screenshot4.png Screenshot5.png
    These are two screenshots in game. Idk if you can really tell but I was just wondering if this looked right. Just wanna make sure I've got it right. It looks good to me, just wanna be sure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

So I did everything right ( I think so o_O ) and it just comes up with this when I try to find the preset in the PostFX manager
    upload_2021-3-30_16-14-24.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

In this release you shouldnt need to find the preset, or you should use and mod the vanilla one. Trying to find a way to get around ppl having too load the preset.
    The only thing you should need to do is change the Light Rays according to the installation instructions :) As i said in my AL12 post i think Bloom is broken, not in my mod but in Beamng but ill investigate further today. Ill do clean install and follow my own instructions so that i know it works :)
    --- Post updated ---
    ill have to check on something bigger than my phone, im here squinting like

upload_2021-3-31_5-41-34.png

So, ive checked and it might? be working. Should be more colorful/clearer colors throughout the day :)

Anyways, Beamng just updated to 0.22.1 (from 0.22.0.1) and i tested out how my usual Alternative Lighting looks, which is good. So ill release a new one in the nearby time, which has brighter mornings/evenings and so on :)

#351 Brother_Dave, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. cheems_samurai

cheems_samurai
    Expand Collapse

When the time comes, would you be able to upload a full video on installing it?

13. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

I liked Al11 the best, but I was meaning to ask you this before... did I do it right? It looks the same with no difference, like the Al11 screenshots you had VS mine, mine looks like just default BeamNG, here is a pic of what I'm talking about, It looks nothing like what yours did, any help would be very appreciated :oops::oops:
    20210331113658_1.jpg

14. Cmiller23124

Cmiller23124
    Expand Collapse

So I have been able to download the mod and I believe I have it working.
    View attachment 785945 View attachment 785946
    These are two screensh
    After playing with it a little while I do think I got it. The game looks very good and I think ive noticed how much more colorful it gets throughout the day.

15. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I might have to, to make sure everyone installs it correct :)

AL11 is a good one, bloom is doing alot in that and so far i havent got bloom to work in 0.22 :/ Other than that it should be similar :)

It might work but im not sure, looks like i might be making an install vid, that way some problems installing might be eliminated :)

16. cheems_samurai

cheems_samurai
    Expand Collapse

I installed it on my second drive (D drive, HDD) so how would I do it? Would I install it the same but just on the data drive, or would I do it in documents where BeamNG is located?

17. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

If you have the other files in the new location (its changed for all beamng users after 0.22) then its where you should put them :)

18. ImMaxim

ImMaxim
    Expand Collapse

I did everything like you but in BeamNG (ingame) there is no button for POSTFX MANAGER. What can I do for it to work?
    -Edit: fixed it :D

#358 ImMaxim, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BravoMMXI

BravoMMXI
    Expand Collapse

You've ruined me Dave, I couldn't stand playing Beam.NG after the new update eliminated AL11, so the days playing without it were decrepit and hollow, the sharpness and colors only AL could bring, but a distant memory, and today was when I checked on AL12 and rejoiced in being able to immerse myself in the wonder of you magic. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Im sorry :D:D Now, i do assume that Bloom isnt working for you either so it cant be the full monty just yet but hopefully good enough for you :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice