1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

All Official BeamNG Vehicles Tested Around Road Atlanta. (Lap Times)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SmokingTiresGaming, May 24, 2019.

1. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

Today I decided to do a mini project, which was to test all official BeamNG Vehicles around Road Atlanta and get some times.(The normal version) I used what I belive is the fastest variation of the official cars+ some others tested by @fufsgfen . I drove every vehicle 2 laps and picked the best time, If I crashed or did some stupid mistake I would redo those 2 laps. All cars were driven in stock form. I used a steering wheel setup with realistic gearbox and a proper shifter and clutch. All cars had factory abs and stability control was turned off. Please note that the times are quite inaccurate and not the best they could have been. This test was was made just for fun. :)

Anyways here are the results, from fastest to slowest:

1. Hirochi SBR4 Hillclimb- Asphalt (sequential): 1:23,958
    2. Ibishu Pessima (OLD) Hillclimb-Asphalt (sequential) 1:27,933
    3. Hirochi Sunburst Hillclimb - Asphalt (sequential) : 1:28,611
    4. ETK K-Series Trackday (A) 1:31,074
    5. Ibishu 200BX Demon (M) 1:33,450
    6. ETK I-series Kanllhart (M) 1:34,478
    7. Civetta Bolide 390 GTR Group 4 (M) 1:35,719
    8. Bruckell Moonhawk Track (M) 1:37,462
    9. Ibishu Covet Track (M) 1:37,769
    10. Gavril Barstow Kingsnake (M) 1:40,140
    11. ETK 800 Series 856 ttSport+ (A) 1:40,547
    12. Ibishu Miramar Track (M) 1:41,627
    13. Autobella Piccolina 150 Corse Track (M) 1:42,469
    14. Gavril Grand Marshal Custom (M) 1:45,239
    15. Gavril H-Series Drift Missile (M) 1:47,404
    16. Gavril D-Series D15 V8 Sport AWD (A) 1:48,351
    17. Wentward D40L Hero 1:49,152 (Had to cut one corner because overheated brakes, so legit time PROB about 10 secs slower)
    18. Bruckell LeGran Custom (M) 1:49,850
    19. Burnside Special Custom (M) 1:53,924
    20. Ibishu Pessima (Newer) Street Tuned (M) 1:54,666
    21. Ibishu Covet Zxi 1:55.234
    22. Ibishu 200BX 1:57.034
    23. Gavril Grand Marshall Taxi 1:57.351
    24. Ibishu Hopper Sport Special (M) 2:00,039
    25. Ibishu Pigeon 600 (M) 2:05,8
    26. Gavril H45 Ambulance 2:16,401
    27. Gavril T-series Patriot Special (M) 2:17,9 (Used arcade gearbox due to too many gears for my shifter)

The Fastest Vehicle:
    Hirochi SBR-4 Hillclimb
    screenshot_2019-05-24_19-06-47.png

The Slowest Vehicle:

Gavril T-series Patriot Special
    screenshot_2019-05-24_19-02-17.png

My favorite:
    Civetta Bolide 390 GTR Group 4.
    screenshot_2019-05-24_19-08-47.png

My Least Favorite:
    Gavril Gran Marshall Custom
    screenshot_2019-05-24_19-04-08.png

Feel free to ask or comment anything! :)

Also, sorry if this wasn't new thread worthy :(

#1 SmokingTiresGaming, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Could you do one with the most basic-model vehicles as well? This looks fun.

3. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, but not today, do you mean the default ones?

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Kingsnake is probably faster than Nightsnake, because Nightsnake has street tires. Drag variant has then more power than Nightsnake, but not made for cornering.

Street tuned variants in game usually have given way too much power for the amount of grip they have, Nightsnake is street tuned variant of Barstow.

5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Wentward Times:

DT35 SE 2:51.64 (4.5 240hp cummins 5 speed allison)

DT35 SE NEO T280 2:44.36 (3.0 ETK 270hp, 8 speed automatic)

DT35 SE City Maxi 2:43.01 (8.9 340hp 6 speed automatic)

DT35 Beater preset (under the DT35SE NEO) 2:33.96 .. a little bit oversteer heavy in some places, also no abs meant it was hard

DT40 ZF T420 Hiway (actually a T500 but i haven't renamed the preset yet).. 2:39.89

DT40 InterCity MK2 Allison (340hp, 6 speed allison) 2:55.00

Main rivals here are DT35SE and DT40 InterCity MK2.. Through the relatively tight course the lightweight bus wins..

The NEO presets put up a good fight too, with a lightweight car engine in the back, these things move quickly, they weigh less than 9 tonnes, and with 270hp it's no slouch either (esp when paired with an 8 speed automatic keeping things going)..

Notable mention is that despite having 70 more hp, the City Maxi only puts out a small lead, the engine is very heavy compared to the ETK and thus why the difference is not so pronounced..

The beater preset one was quite hilarious to watch tbh (should have recorded it) as the 9.4L engine in the rear was just too much for the normally 9 tonne bus, hence the turns at the start caused a scandinavian flick effect causing it to get quite tail happy, drifting round one of the corners..

6. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

Actually you was right! The Kingsnake was whole 5 second faster. I updated the time.
    Interesting, I see that the wentward is no match to the ingame bus which has OP thrusters (almost reached 300kmh on the main straight) :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

the wentward is the ingame bus, i just tested my mods.. the DT40 Allison is closest to stock, and correct, it's no match :p on that straight it struggled to get 62mph on the uphill section, then gradually building up to 75mph across the straight, not very fast (62mph=100kmh 75mph = 120? kmh)

8. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

My bad, I was looking the minute before at the school bus mod *forgot the name* and them mixed up in my head.:p

• Like Like x 3
  9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

H45 Ambulance:
    upload_2019-5-25_10-16-31.png

Covet Zxi (blue one)
    upload_2019-5-25_10-17-38.png

GM Taxi:
    upload_2019-5-25_10-18-23.png

BX200 base model (it got same amount of lateral-g as Ambulance at tight right hander but BX200 understeers more):
    upload_2019-5-25_10-27-12.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

11. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Is there any strategies? I can't get anywhere close to your time.Except the ETK K-Trackday

#11 default0.0player, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I forgot what version it was, but once upon a time before a lot of things were properly simulated the Drag Barstow was one of the fastest vehicles around Hirochi Raceway for me. Now that brakes/engine thermals/drag tires all behave more realistically, that is no longer the case. It was funny while it lasted.
    --- Post updated ---
    You need +25 FPS to get physics running at full speed, otherwise your times will be 1.2-1.5x longer

Steering wheel will be a big improvement over a game pad, which may or may not be a big improvement over a keyboard depending on your settings and personal preferences. A FFB wheel will really let you feel what the car is doing. I assume. Alas, I cannot afford one.

Starting everything pre-heated would help (brakes and engines have preheating options in the options menu). Speaking of settings, there are a lot of gearbox settings. Manual/Automatic transmission, clutch assist, realistic/arcade, etc... The ESC setting can also be a big hinderance on some cars.

Practicing is a big one. Make sure you're keeping the car balanced in the turns, treating your brakes well, taking a good line, etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did notice that my times were about 1 second faster than yours on same vehicles, except SBR4 Hillclimb, I can't drive that thing as well as slower cars, but we have almost same time with it which is nice :D
    upload_2019-5-25_16-30-7.png

Try to be smooth, especially with SBR4 Hillclimb, I lost easily 2 seconds on this lap as I was not smooth enough:

If you would like to see some easier car, I can upload 200BX and H45 Ambulance videos, but I forgot to set fps of video recording to 60 so it is not butter smooth so didn't upload them, but if you think it would help you to see some of my other posted times, hit a reply and I can upload them too.

Taxi or Ambulance are great for learning to be smooth and as they are slow they allow you to focus on improving your braking and line.

14. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Nice driving,lol did you use telepathy to control the SBR4? Where's the steering wheel
    Did you notice that 0.16 worsen the SBR4 Hillclimb handling? Before 0.16 The rear wheels have more negative camber. After 0.16 the front wheels have more negative camber, causing oversteeering regandless of the throttle

15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Hide steering wheel from options and that will help 1 second off from laptime. As I already have one wheel, I don't need 2nd one, simracer things :)

Some cars are different, I think SBR4 is more hillclimb kind now, turns better, but also because insane amount of boost it gets handful really easy.

Race cars generally have more camber at front and generally they are not very understeery, so I think change is good, even though it makes driving the thing more difficult at times. Biggest issue I have with it is that there is quite little rubber for that amount of power.

16. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

C'mon dont make this a time challenge ;) About the times, well I didn't push the cars to their limits, so I guess i could shave off some secs here and there. But its good the see that the times are somewhat accurate. I may try to hit some faster times, but right now i'm busy editing a drifting video around Atlanta. Bought vegas 14 pro today, was over 70% off on steam. Idk if i should share the video here aswell when its done.
    Yeah, its important to be smooth, The K-series is probably the easiest car to drive fast as its won't pushing you for pushing it over the limits. And a proper ffb steering wheel helps a lot as you can do small maneuvers and control everything just better. For example to me the 200BX demon was totally controllable, which isn't the case when one uses a controller.

Best way to get faster is practicing, as a somewhat simracer i've learned to look out for braking points etc and for racing lines so that helps a lot.
    :)

Ohh yeah and realistic fov helps as aswell.

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Oh no, didn't meant as a challenge, more of thinking that we might get pretty similar times with few practice runs :D

Triple screens would be nice, but I'm running only single 39" screen, it is huge improvement over 27" and anything smaller I would not even consider using anymore, when I was bit less slow than nowdays I used 19" screen, good old 4:3 but then I could actually see something :D

With single screen FOV is going to be a compromise, but bigger screen helps to have at least a bit more closer fov and makes lot easier to see where turn goes.

But yeah, practice and the thing is to drive slow in order to go fast, brake earlier, rushing into corner slow you down, you can see lot of that in video and I was also afraid of brakes too, but it was just to give idea of how to go around of turns, well car was too fast for me :D

18. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

yeah big screen helps with fov, I use literally a 49 inch tv as a simracing screen and it works well, realistic fov is then for me around 50

• Like Like x 2
  19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

20. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

:confused: Road Atlanta for the little ones :

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice