All Steering Wheel Mod

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by mrwallace888, Sep 3, 2016.

1. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

This mod takes the steering wheels from ALL the official BeamNG.drive vehicles, and allows them for every vehicle. For example, I can have a Roamer steering wheel on a Miramar, or have a 200BX Airbag Steering wheel on a Pigeon.

2. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It would be interesting to not have to choose some dumb Japanese wheel or wood. My question is: wouldn't there be specific steering wheels that are completely incompatible with specific steering columns? I.E a wheel that does not fit on any offset.

3. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean?

4. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yea, I'm rephrasing that. I'm translating "Headbutting keyboard" to English:

Wouldn't there be steering wheels that are broken on specific vehicles? If like the position of a steering wheel can not fit? E.g Roamer wheel on the Burnside.

5. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

So are you saying the position of the steering wheel would be weird on other cars? So like it wouldn't fit on the Steering Wheel's "axle" thingy? Sort of like an offset?

6. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

Well, kinda. There are splines on the steering column that hold the wheel in place, and a nut to keep it anchored down. They are not standardized, so interchangeability would be unusual. Also, even if a wheel fits the splines, it can be too far or too close to the molding on the column, which makes trim pieces not fit in the latter case, and controls (blinkers, wipers, etc) uncomfortable to use in the former.

7. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

I see what you mean. That is a good point. Good thing is though, it's REALLY easy to adjust model positions in editors. So it will probably take 30-60 seconds to go into the editor and offset it correctly.

8. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

Well, can we do this?

9. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

It's relatively easy to do but it's not worth most people's time I guess. Also, nice of you to wait an entire year before asking again xD

10. Fooloh

Fooloh
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to bumb this thread. Two years later. I would love to have some changeability to the steering wheels. It would change the perception of cockpit views.

11. boogerslop

boogerslop
    Expand Collapse

bump just kidding anyways I think there are options for which steering wheel to use in vehicle config but I'm not sure if 100% are interchangeable.

12. Superchu Frostbite

Superchu Frostbite
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps the novelty of putting the wrong steering wheel on a car, but if this mod existed, I would exclusively use it for joke configs. Is that the whole point or am I missing something?

13. Fooloh

Fooloh
    Expand Collapse

Of course you are missing something! Think of the immersion! Granted - changing tire pressures, sway bars and front left fenders is one thing. The steering wheel steers the car. Making fun of this idea is like making fun of changing the color of the vehicle!

14. mrwallace888

mrwallace888
    Expand Collapse

Quite the bump. Jesus. It's not like this request was really that important. It'd be cool though, but I can see the flaws. Pretty much having it just for the novelty would be okay, even if it'll look stupid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice