Allow the underride / Mansfield guards to be toggled off on trailers

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Belvedere58, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Belvedere58

Belvedere58
    Expand Collapse

It would be nice if the semi-trailers and other high-riding vehicles with rear underride guards allowed for the option to remove them, just like we can remove the spare tires and other items.

It would allow for some pretty mangled crashes.

Right now, the bars are very robust (which isn't always the case in real life, anyway) and pretty much act like any-other fixed barrier

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

They are as robust as a proper under ride guard would be in real life.
    Of course there's examples of trailers IRL not meeting this requirement but as far as I am concerned, there is nothing unrealistic about the trailers right now (however, I will test this out.)
    Example: 1:50, 35 mph.

I agree however, it would be nice if it was an actual part you could remove.

3. Belvedere58

Belvedere58
    Expand Collapse

Right, a "proper" guard is as robust. But as the title of your video says, "MOST fail" in real life tests. So it would be great if we had the option to remove it to simulate the effects of a weak or missing guard :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

even also the option to remove the triangular bracing under it, to make it only partially work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice