1. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

ALT+U ui bug

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by krallopian, Jan 12, 2019.

1. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse

I've read that ALT+U hides the UI, so I do it to take pics/videos. Not sure if it's happening MORE often or not, but recently I've been having to exit the game (and it crashes on doing so) to get the UI to work right again.

So ALT+U to make things go away, then maybe into the editor and back, then CTRL+E to spawn a car and nothing happens, or it'll load the window but it's empty, and then won't go away, until F11 again, but then nothing works regardless. Even if I leave the level and reload it, I have to close the game out completely to get it to work right again.

Just making sure it's already known =)

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

ALT+U only affects the game UI, not the F10/F11 editors.

It will hide everything UI. Press CTRL+E or any other UI hotkey won't help, as things are still hidden globally.
    You need to press ALT+U again to display the UI again

Note that some menus won't work correctly if you open them with hotkeys while the UI is hidden, like the vehicle selector for example. Close that menu (ESC) and re-open it to make it load properly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I've tried that!

So I hit ALTU to hide stuff, then unhide and ui comes back, then when I press CTRLE nothing shows up! I hit escape, nothing happens, the menu is stuck there, empty, until I hit F11 to get back to the editor and when I hit f11 again the menu's now gone, but again doesn't work and now nothing will work until I get back to the editor and exit or just alt+f4.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

When the UI comes back, are the other apps working? (for example, is the tachometer still reacting to the vehicle?)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice