Am I on the Right Track?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by BoaMan, Aug 17, 2013.

1. BoaMan

BoaMan
    Expand Collapse

I've attached my .Blend file so far. I plan to do a simple, low poly design of a car. Am I on the right track so far? I've done front and back fenders, front and back doors, hood, and little bar thing below the doors. Is this a good start? Its basically just a lot of extrusions and click and dragging with a few normal recalculations.

Thanks for any help,
    Boa

Attached Files:

2. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

looks fine to me

3. BoaMan

BoaMan
    Expand Collapse

Ok. I jsut didn't exact want to continue on tis if it will without a doubt end in completely failure.

4. BoaMan

BoaMan
    Expand Collapse

Also any advice on how to go about adding engine, suspension and such would be greatly appreciated.

5. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

You're dealing with way too many polygons. Your mesh is messy and difficult to manage as a result. It's probably best if you started again, but with fewer polys and simpler geometry. It'll look better anyway :)

Find as many pictures of the engine and suspension as possible, and study how they're made. If you can't find any of the car, go find out what type of suspension it uses (leaf, de dion, independent, torsion bar, etc), and fudge the crap out of it.

#5 Zappymouse, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  6. BoaMan

BoaMan
    Expand Collapse

I know that the car is ugly as shit. I don't really care about the looks, I just want to learn about the actual building part. Would remaking the body better benefit the building of the suspension?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice