1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Another question from me for the devs!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by LachlanRGaming, May 25, 2013.

1. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

I have checked all the posts and none of them ask this question, will the vehicles have power windows and power mirrors so we can adjust our mirrors to the setting that suits us when we play in first person view.

You guys are the best.
    Thanks.:)

2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Even if this sounds stupid I still really want it for some reason.

3. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it will make it feel really authentic unlike some other simulators (yes I call BeamNG a simulator because it fits into the realism are a bit better).

4. Ltp0wer

Ltp0wer
    Expand Collapse

I think it's a waste of time. I hate to compare this game to RoR so often, but I'm about to do it again. Personally, I never used the open doors or open trunk keys that some people put into their vehicles in RoR. It seems like a huge waste of time, especially the power mirrors. Why would you need to adjust the mirrors other than for shits and giggles? Assuming the mirrors work ingame like real mirrors, and not just for show, why would the mirrors ever be off and need for adjustment? Are there going to be different driver heights? I'd really rather not have the devs waste their time implementing such things, but it'd be cool for them to add the framework for community made vehicles to be able to do that.

Also, it'd be great if you made the thread title more descriptive. That way people get an idea of what the thread is about and it also helps for people searching.

5. Lawrs91

Lawrs91
    Expand Collapse

I call BeamNG a simulator because it is one

6. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

Lt what I meant was that the mirror adjustment feature would be good for people who like using the first person view, take Utorak007, a famous youtube who hates exterior views, the mirror adjustments would be good for sight inside the cabin.

7. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Euro Truck Sim has it, and there is noone complaining.
    I see it as having the mirror camera just being adjusted, which isn't that much work. And changing the driver height isn't something too hard aswell, and some people like to sit at different heights, since this is a simulator, these little features will make it better.

8. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

:) Finally someone agrees with me, I like first person view and some racing sims that I've played have crappy mirror settings and I can't see much because of its angle.

9. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

uh, not for now. Later on for sure.

10. LachlanRGaming

LachlanRGaming
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Tdev, you guys don't have to implement it into BeamNG if you don't want to, just a suggestion. You guys are doing great as always.

11. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

we're not forcing you :)

12. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of first person, will you be able to look around the car while in it?

13. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yes, you can freely move the camera.

14. Kona61

Kona61
    Expand Collapse

Well can you like break the camera like in rigs and make it go all weird and fly everywhere?

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I'll bet no, because "it's a completely new engine" etc. But to be fair, it is still based on a beam/node system.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice