Any way to use custom sounds for (automatic) gearbox whine?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by themikepeng, Apr 9, 2021.

1. themikepeng

themikepeng
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    I've been working on mods for the Wentward DT40L bus, mostly adding sounds and tuning for North American powertrains. So far I already have most engine/transmission sounds down except the Allison B400R/B500R whine. So I was really excited to hear that automatic gearboxes can now have a transmission whine.

I updated my citybus_transmission.jbeam w/ code from after the 0.22 update, and sure enough, my B500R now has a transmission whine!

The whine sounds dead on to a B500R transmission at low RPMs, but at higher RPM's the whine is too loud and sounds like a jet engine.

I tried adjusting the "gearWhineCoefsInput" and "forwardInputPitchCoef" lines in my citybus_transmission.jbeam, which should directly affect the whine, but can't get it to sound right. I came to the conclusion that the in-game transmission whine is just too scream-y, and only way I can add a proper Allison B500R sound is to modify the sound blend of the transmission whine.

However, I can't find where the sound files are actually located. For custom engine sounds, I can easily define a .sfxBlend2D.json file and use custom .wav files. But for transmission sounds, I have no idea where all this is located. All I see in citybus_transmission.jbeam is

"gearWhineInputEvent": "event:>Vehicle>Transmission>bus_01>twine_in",

Could anybody tell me where this "event" is defined and how I would modify whatever .wav or .ogg file it's using? I've searched all over the game files but can't find any .sfxBlend2D.json, .wav or .ogg files pertaining to the transmission whine, nor anything named "twine_in" or "bus_01". Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice