Anyone Else Into the RC Hobby?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Roadside_Racoon, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Roadside_Racoon

Roadside_Racoon
    Expand Collapse

Is anyone here into the RC Hobby? If so, what RC's do you own? Tell us a about how you got into the hobby, what your first RC was, and the experiences that you've had. Feel free to post pictures about your collection!

I started with an SCX10 because it was on the cheaper side of things. I didn't really know much so I didn't do too many mods to it. My second RC was a Traxxas Slash 4x4. It's a great truck but it is a little pricey. I really want an E-Revo Brushless Edition right now. I'm drooling over it...

2. asf2424

asf2424
    Expand Collapse

i got an rc drift g35, rc ford gt, rc backhoe and an rc jeep wrangler designed for offroading

#2 asf2424, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I got a Traxxas Stampede way back in middle school. I have since replaced just about every part on it and I have had people with Traxxas 8th scale rigs mistake my Stampede for an E-
    Revo. It doesn't look anything like a Stampede anymore and the brushless motor in there is a huge step up from the useless Titan 12 turn it came with, but it's still a 10th scale rig.

I also have a TT-01 (which I plan on doing a rally conversation to), Sprint 2, SCX-10, Exo, nitro Slash, and a plane which I cannot remember the name of. A family member got a Rustler but I do all of the upgrades/maintnance and drive it more than he does...

4. Roadside_Racoon

Roadside_Racoon
    Expand Collapse

Haha. That's funny for being mistaken for an E-Revo. Man the hobby is awesome though.

5. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

I got a stampede 4x4 vxl an scx10 and 2 cars I grabbed from five below to turn into 1/24 brass derby cars
    IMG_0989.jpg IMG_0987.jpg IMG_0988.jpg

6. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

image.jpg image.jpg

The more interesting vehicles in my collection posted above:
    Sprint 2 (with light kit) and Stampede (hoping to get a muscle car shell for her)
    For anyone wondering, the parts in the background are mostly from the SCX10 kit but probably has some parts from the Exo kit too (I hate my Axial Exo so much, I wish I had a Yeti instead but that wasn't out when I got the Exo. I plan on getting a buggy shell for her, kind of like what Hemistorm and Axial did with VW Bug shells meant for a Slash)

#7 ManfredE3, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  8. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

There's a (probably non-working) R/C 1997 Mercedes racecar in my garage, it could go around 10 mph (maybe a bit more) when it worked. But since then I haven't really been involved with the RC hobby because it's just a bit expensive and I don't have a lot of money (only $0.61! :p)

9. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

do aircraft count? I had a Hubsan Spyhawk, that was good but the wing fell off during flight and got caught on the propeller, the motor shaft sheared off so it is dead :( on the other hand my AR Drone 2.0 runs still, but it breaks quite easily (I am 15, I have to share my stuff so a delicate drone + children who don't know how to fly well = broken drone)

10. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

^^ This is exactly the other reason why I can't really have RC stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. A Tiny Dent

A Tiny Dent
    Expand Collapse

I'm not but I know a person who is - @Insanegaz

12. Fuzzwad

Fuzzwad
    Expand Collapse

Going with the theme of aircraft, I've got an Eachine wizard x220 drone that I enjoy ripping around my house...

When it's not broken. I can't seem to get more than 2 batteries through it in a day without something going wrong.

I got into it because of the amazing pilots that people like Mr. Steele, Charpu, StingerSwarm, FinalGlide, Ummagawd, guys like them that do some seriously insane stuff. I like to think I'm somewhat near their skill level. And then they upload a video and that illusion goes straight out the window.

13. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

I have a Vattera twin hammers crawler and a custom hobao e. I'm saving to buy a new s-works or possibly some other 1/8 buggy
    Also a syma drone

14. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

If it is, I have a Baldwin Sharknose:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldwin_RF-16
    Alco FA:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALCO_FA
    Multiple GP38-2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_GP38-2
    F40PH; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_F40PH
    F7:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_F7
    Alco U25B "U-Boat" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GE_U25B

Plus a good amount of miscellaneous rolling stock. I also have a (cheap) drone, that I'm afraid to use.

15. Roadside_Racoon

Roadside_Racoon
    Expand Collapse

Great to see that other people have similar interests!

16. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

Here's the mockups for the derby cars and here's the original bodies as well as a pic of that cheap toy goodness
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice