1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else think this forum is turning to S***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by destroyer8769, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Just as long as they don't abuse their power then I'm happy.

2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I think prime leader would be SixSixSevenSeven, I wouldnt qualify myself for it, I mean I have admin experience before under my belt but on a forum this size I couldnt cope with it....I am just being honest with you here I couldnt handle a forum this size...if my name was put forward....the forums I moderated on were PPHB based this forum is an entirely different beast...it would take me at least weeks to learn it and get use to it....

• Like Like x 2
  3. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I would do it, if I had any confidence in me not fucking up.

4. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I think tdev should be the forum leader, if it's come to that

5. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Sounds interesting. Maybe hit up an admin about it, because this is pretty serious business.

6. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

If I was to do it I would need to have a crash course in how to operate the moderator level systems...which I would generally prefer to be a moderator to an Administrator I can be a good Moderator if I am giving good enough training and then I will try my best to keep the order but thats just how I see it, if it means full time employment then sure I will take it :)

(I am being honest with you I am a good moderator I do moderate chat on Twitch streams, I am a moderator on several channels, Dreamreaver23, Biffa2001 to just name 2) and those are pretty mental in the extreme but thats not forum related thats live chat)

I have done Moderator work before on other forums former Moderator on the Motion Empire Forum (now closed down) where I banned over 90 bots banned and on another ETS2 forum I was a moderator on there and I was well liked by all the members on that forum, I know I can do it again but those were phpbb forums this isnt a phpbb forum as such that I know of

#106 RobertGracie, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

YBR famous YouTuber?

Naaaaaaah. He's got a ways to go yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

No way, he needs to focus on building the game just like everyone else who's working on it.

9. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Who out of the Community of members that is not "STAFF" would be good for moderator rights....

10. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, not to be cocky, but maybe me, but as a low-level.

I have some experience with some Minecraft servers. (which I know is a completely different thing)

But yeah.

11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Your skills are different your more of a Gamer Moderator, its different to a Forum Moderator, Forum moderators have to handle spam, sometimes users getting out of hand they may share similarities but there are differences

12. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

I suppose, but I was making sure the in game chat was in check and people weren't getting out of hand, and again, still a completely different thing.

13. Andrew W.

Andrew W.
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the majority of the members here. It's not about posts, but the usefulness of the member and how helpful they tend to be. Some people can judge me by my lack of no BeamNG badge under my username and can assume I bought BeamNG from a pirate site. But I yet still having difficulty of linking my steam account and my Forum account. I think the sudden flow of new members is a good thing for BeamNG. More players, more profit for updates and wages for the Developers and Moderators. Perhaps someone can make a sticky post showing the guidelines of the Forums and what to do and what NOT to do.

Like my redneck father says: "You can't fix stupid." And he's right, you can never stop stupid people doingstupid things and stupid actions. But the one thing I at least try to do is tolerate those people. Again, how much time you were here and how many posts is completely irrelevant. It matters how intelligent that particular user is, how helpful and how useful. I've had a number of people private message me on how to properly use the game and useful tips for using the Forums. I've even posted a mod- My Taxi Pessima mod, not those sh*tty .pc saves.

Unofficial Forum motto: Be useful, be helpful and be smart.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

There are similar aspects of both that overlap but you need to be good at it, I know I am good but I need time to think and to process and deliver judgement I am not good at on the spot judgement unless its serious enough then it warrants further action

15. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, same here. :p

16. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I am more ready for Moderator roles and I can handle it, use powers wisely and take what Uncle Ben said to Peter Parker "With great power...comes great responsibility" that always rings in my head...

17. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  18. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, haha nice reference.

19. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

So what we're suggesting is to elect a player council for keeping the forum in check?

20. Logi_Veloce

Logi_Veloce
    Expand Collapse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice