Anyone here play any of the Driver games?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Driv3r1142, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

And by driver series I'm talking about the series starting with the 1999 PC/ps1/mac/gbc game Driver you are the wheelman.

I have played Driver, Driver 2, And Driver San Francisco.
    If you have played any of the games in the series, post what you thought of the game(s).
    I have posted this question before on less driving based forums, but I want to see the responses here.

2. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I've played 1, 3, Parallel Lines and San Francisco. My favourite ones were the third one and SF.

3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I like Driver San Francisco. I have it on my PC and ps3. I also like Driver 2. On ROBLOX, Known by the usernames 11076, BrightAndCreative, and TheCarGod, I made a car from Driver 2. I planned on more, but I hit my head and I found BeamNG.

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Played them all. Driver 3 was the best imo and San Fransisco a close second. Had many hours of fun with the Driver 3 replay scheme!:cool:

Deep down I want another one with the obvious fantasy of some kind of new damage modeling.....yeah right.

5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

lol... Im sure you would love to see a Driver series game that is based on the physics engine of BeamNG... Talk about fun.

6. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Play 1 and SF. 1 was the first game I ever played, on the Old Dell. :cool:

7. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I only played Parallel Lines although I don't regret anything. I think the setting was incredibly cool, the graphics were nice and the gameplay was hard enough to keep me playing for hours. ;)

8. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Driver 1 was a pretty fun game... I used to be able to mod the PC version... That was difficult. Im sure making a mod for that game would've been more difficult than it is to make a mod for BeamNG. I remember having rainy weather and a chevy truck texture in Miami... Loved it... Too bad my old PC is eh, rotting away in storage. Atleast the game runs on my windows 8.1 laptop.

9. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

I wan't another game like Driver San Francisco. I have completed the story 4 times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Huge fan here :D

Driver (1) was one of the first game of that genre I ever played. Spent hours on the PS1 on that. Then later found it for PC .
    I played only the first CD of Driver 2, which I borrowed from a friend. He didn't have the second CD sadly. It was a quite neat game.
    Driv3r was the best in the whole series. Played it on the Xbox and PC. The details on the city were nice for those years. Too bad the player 'physics' and animations were quite odd. The last mission was quite of a delusion tbh.
    Driver PL was quite nice. Really loved the 2 eras, both gave a very distinct feel to the game. Had the same player 'physics' problems as Driver 3.
    Driver SF was meh IMO. Felt more like a surreal game with that shift feature. It was fun, but didn't felt as serious as Driver 3 was, felt much more soft.

I really hope for the next one to be similar to the third if they plan to make a proper sequel.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

I have Driver SF on steam and was one of the first games in my steam library I used to play it back in 2011 back on my mac. I can't launch it now because of U Play launcher error "stopped working" anybody know a fix for this? Thanks

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Disable MSI Afterburner, gave me the same problem. Maybe it's the same case..

13. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Loved Driver2 on PS1, played it until the early hours of the night when I was young, but the missions were far too difficult for me so I never got out of Chicago and Havana. Loved getting the secret cars though. A friend and I used to take turns, basically once the car was wrecked, we gave the controller to the other person... Because the split-screen multiplayer was far too dull.

Decided rent and copy Driver1, hated it because I couldn't figure out how to get out of the car(Yeah...).
    Pirated Driv3r because I saw bugs,glitches&funny stuff videos on it with hilarious bugs and it seemed like a shitty but fun type of game. Wrecking cars was reasonably funny but only played it like 4 times.
    Never played Driver:pL
    Driver SF was a really solid game but it just lacked something. It felt like a computer had made that game instead of a human, it felt dead. Weren't any cool ramps or secrets and such. Didn't end up playing it after finishing the storyline.

14. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

I played 1 and 2 on PS1, then SF on PC. All of which are really fun games by my standards, my only complaint about SF is the gameplay is a bit odd compared to the older iterations. It would have been nice if they kept it more true to the originals.

15. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I loved Driver SF on the Xbox.

Too bad it doesn't work on 8.1.

I really want to play Driver SF on my pc.

Ubisoft pls stop being crap.

16. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i had it working on 8.1 at one point

i never could get it working again though, and i can't find the solution online anymore either to make sure i'm doing it right

it's as if ubisoft went and patched the solution out, then deleted all mentions of it from the internet (if only steam chat had chat history, i had told it to someone, sadly because no chat history i can't get it from there)

ended up dual-booting windows 7 just for driver:sf (and MM2 of course)

OT:

only driver game i've played is Driver: SF, really fun game, would 100% recommend)

17. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Forgot to mention i'm on windows 8.1 now but I do have MSI afterburner active though..

18. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Guys, I have windows 8 and I got Driver SF to run;
    You have to run the installer in compatibility mode on windows XP SP3.
    That's the only way it will install.

MSI afterburner isn't the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MOHAAPlayer

MOHAAPlayer
    Expand Collapse

My bro has that game somewhere

20. MercedesEclass

MercedesEclass
    Expand Collapse

I've played 1,2,3,PL, and SF.
    1 and 2 were my favourites. I liked the 70s/80s setting, I liked the soundtrack (I didn't really like any music from the other games), and they were the first video games I really played so the nostalgia factor is there too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice