1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Arcade or Realistic Transmission

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CarBro74, Jul 24, 2017.

Tags:
?

Which do you prefer (not trying to be JoshTheAwesome he took it too far)

1. Realistic

43 vote(s)
    75.4%
  2. Arcade

14 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Hey, and I was thinking I could make this thread because the topic is interesting. I prefer the realistic transmission because it is easier to operate on my computer and has a better feel for me when driving. I don't know, what do you think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

I prefer Realistic. To be honest most of the time I drive with automatic transmission because I don't have great equipment. I hate it when I have the brake on at a stoplight then my car automatically goes into reverse. It's too much like NFS where you hardly ever stop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I definitely prefer realistic. I have a racing wheel with paddle shifters, which makes it so much more fun. Also, arcade takes forever to go in reverse, which sucks in a race.

4. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I normally use realistic (with clutch assist-I'm on keyboard) but when I tried steering with the mouse, I switched to auto, as I don't have 3 hands.

5. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Definetly Realistic.. If you own a G27 with shifter you should use it propperly

• Like Like x 1
  6. Harrycpc

Harrycpc
    Expand Collapse

I prefer realistic without clutch assist on my controller and keyboard. And I agree that it is really slow to go into reverse using the arcade transmission.

7. Lamzumi

Lamzumi
    Expand Collapse

I use realistic, with clutch assist. I use a controller because I cant afford a steering wheel and pedals, but I can still control when I can upshift and downshift which makes it easier for drifting. Usually holding it in 2nd while you powerslide around corners, always a fun thing to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it is easier to do realistic on a keyboard and controller for me. It just feels better and when you come to a stop with the realistic mode on it doesn't go in reverse.

Also it takes super long for a car on automaticto shift into reverse for me but when I am in a manual it is quicker because I have a terrible PC not fit for this game but I love this game anyway so it doesn't matter.

9. TheEuropeanGuy

TheEuropeanGuy
    Expand Collapse

I did vote for realistic, because it allows me, as a player, to control the vehicle better and feel it better while shifting. Of course, I am using an keyboard for shifting and driving, however, I wouldn't replace realistic transmission to arcade one - it is BeamNG.drive afterall, not Need For Speed :)

10. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

I use a PS4 controller emulating a x360 controller and i use realistic, when i started to like drifting (after too many iinitial Ds :p ) i saw that arcade was not that suitable to me and i started to use manual in games such as gran turismo and midnight club (way before i get a pc) now i use the throttle like a gta game (L2-R2 or RT-LT) with shifters in R1-L1 (RB-LB) and handbrake (i dont use it too much for drifting, i use more the clutch-brake-gas-downshift -idk tequinique, only in cars that dont drift whit the tecnique that i use like covets FF cars in general some AWD ones Automatic cars like the oldsmobile) in X or O (xbox's A or B) clutch on square (xbox's X :p )
    So definetely Realistic :p

11. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I use both.

12. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

As I often drift in this game I use realistic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice