1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Artifact compression Sand

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by bonami2, Jul 29, 2015.

1. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Well i made a post about this and never was able to show the problem i even showed it to my cousin that agreed i was not crazy....

So im back asking for help

Amd 7950

Driving in the sand show like a FILM over the sand that his stuck on the screen

What make me think of artifact is the compression in youtube in the same video showing a mask over the sand... That my problem in 5760x1080 is so apparent that it boring to play with it Even in 1080p it there

You cant really see it in the video.... But you do see the youtube compression blurring over the sand like a film

I do my best with my english skill to explain...... Is anyone having the same thing with amd hardware :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

It do the same on the white square map

#1 bonami2, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Turn lighting quality to High or Normal, and turn anisotropic filtering to 16x

after this, does it still have the issue?

3. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

I think i got a good example there it is

FULLSCREEN AND 1080p or it impossible to see

#3 bonami2, Jul 29, 2015
  4. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I see it, so here's my suggestion:

- Turn lighting quality to High
    - Turn anisotropic filtering to 16x
    - Turn SSAO off

5. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Gonna try that right now :D With all the video i finally got something

- - - Updated - - -

It still there in the sand when i move look like i never cleaned my Pc screen ahah Like a dust film.. I have no idea what it is..

I put everything to low still there until i put lighthing to low it dissapear :confused:

Need some amd user to try out ahaha I have latest driver

- - - Updated - - -

This one show everythinggggggggg

#5 bonami2, Jul 29, 2015
  6. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

When you put it on high it disappeared...

This grainy/static look happens when torque3D tries to smooth really really aliased shadows. This can be improved by reducing the aliasing of the shadows, which is to say increase their quality. That's why I said to put lighting on High.

I doesn't happen to me, Nvidia or on my AMD laptop. I really don't know why this is happening to you.

A complete fix would be to open the world editor, find the scattersky object (usually called "sunsky") and scroll down to the lighting section and find shadow softness. By default it's at 0.2, but putting it at 0 will fix the problem but will also make shadows hard and completely square.

7. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

it still their on high for me My side screen are streched a bit for eyefinity = it even worse

Aint sure i want square shadow on my mid high end build ahah

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone? Seriously it a bug that need to be fix..

I have over 6000 hour of gaming on pc and never seen a bug like this being considered normal :confused:

#7 bonami2, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You made 2 or 3 threads about this already, and on each one of them I tried to help but then you stopped replying to them.
    Nobody else ever complained about such issue before.

I barely see that issue due Youtube compression, can you dump a couple of screenshots maybe?

From how you describe it seems related to Lighting Quality as suggested above.
    Does it happen only when you play on the triple screen setup or also when using only 1 screen?

9. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Oh yea sorry well each time i stopped posting and lost the thread and was too lazy to find it back so sorry :(

Here we see it better Dont laugh looking at my fps that 4790k is overkill with a single car ahah https://youtu.be/D-mixr_M3Rg

Single and multiple in this video in on 1080p With eyefinity enabled but with 1080p res setting.....

But it did it with a single screen without eyefinity enabled too

I have no idea. Tried Apb reloaded the other days and i had line in the screen so i suspect amd bug... Well im aint gonna die for it still love the game :cool:

We see the bug clearly on low it full in the screen but it appear the same just less apparent on high just enough to be ugly as crap driving in the sand with the side monitor making it even worse ( Streched - zoomed )

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I see your problem finally.
    It reminds me an issue I had with a GPU in which setting certain shadow options on Trackmania created heavy artifacts.
    Turned out that GPU was defective.

Since you say you are having strange lines in APB too, it could be your GPU being faulty?

11. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Well maybe i rmaed the original one so it a refurb but it pass occt stress and any benchmark without issue with my overclock and it go on folding@home 24/7 almost recently.

Will be able to test further im getting a windforce this weeked to try out crossfire for arma 3 :cool:

But apb did worked well on the original gpu. So i suspect just an normal amd bug. You know amd have sometime strange bug. Flash video bugguing and stuff too. Seen that often on amd only hardware

- - - Updated - - -

Give you idea of game i play

( most game hour seem to not have updated... beam ng i have 200 hour arma 3 520 some etc

http://raptr.com/mrbonami2/games?sort_by=hours_played

12. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Il report back if i get the 7950

13. Cira

Cira
    Expand Collapse

I think this is related to how SSAO or similar shadowing techniques work.. Most games can obfuscate this behaviour with more effects but for example in SecondLife you can make it easily visible aswell.

14. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

It may be that. But im on high and it annoying for me a bit when im playing on the Square map or in sand they cause the game to make like a film over the screen so it look ugly as hell :)

And i only realised it mostly with eyefinity because it strech the side screen a bit and it make it worse but the center screen do it... It just start to be annoying when you notice it.. If you dont like at first i did not even realise that

15. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Crossfire is working :D Scaling seem good with 5760x1080 all i did is enable crossfire and the setting for unsuported game... And started beamng The Reflection cause flicker but if you set all reflection setting to max it stop

30-40 fps maxxed out 100% on both gpu :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I may add it maybe my gpu that is defective im gonna switch and try when i have time

16. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

After some testing it aint my gpu so what should i do?

17. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

You're the only one with this problem, and nobody can find a solution. It's either your hardware still, or an issue you should bring to the devs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice