Aside BeamNG, which car game you cannot live without today ?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by DarwinPelletier, Feb 23, 2014.

?

which car game you cannot live without today ?

1. One of F1 game

5 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. One of NFS

22 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. One of Rally

18 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. One of NASCAR

11 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. One of Grand Turismo

31 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. One of Forza

45 vote(s)
    15.8%
  7. Sci-Fi like Wipeout or Xtreme-G

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Cartoon like MarioKart / LBP Karting / Sonic

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. One of Test-Drive

11 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. Arcade like Flatout / Burnout / Midnight Club

22 vote(s)
    7.7%
  11. Bike racing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. ATV / Motocross

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  13. Euro Truck

35 vote(s)
    12.3%
  14. Spin Tires

17 vote(s)
    6.0%
  15. Others (if your favorite racing game does really not fit a category..)

64 vote(s)
    22.5%
  1. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

Car game I've had most fun in so far is hands down Live for Speed. But also Need for Speed Underground 2 when I was a little bit younger.
    I wouldn't die without them though. Haven't played neither for a couple of months. Still, would be sad to not be able to play them anymore. :p

2. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Next Car Game and Carmageddon Reincarnation.
    It's something about destroying cars this past year, which is awesome...something I wanted to happen at this level since I've played and crashed the cars in NFS porsche unleashed between 2 walls over and over to see how far the damage model would go.

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

The original Driver

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

GTA IV driving around. (I'd say GTA V but physics are just...)

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you 100% there. I can spend hours driving around in gta4 fucking shit up, but for some reason, 5 just doesn't do it for me. It's probably a combination of the physics and irritating cops.

6. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I've been addicted to Euro Truck Sim 2 since I bought it on release day. Such a good game. (Runs pretty well on my laptop too.)

Lets see.. Automation isn't a racing game so no.. How about Nascar Legends? It's an awesome Nascar game set in the Dodge Charger era (Happens to be my favorite car) and the game itself is like 15 years old. It's still really fun and the damage system and physics are actually fairly good compared to the racing games that most big game companies make nowadays. (I used to play it a lot since it was one of the few good games my old PII laptop was able to play. I had that laptop until 2009..)

I haven't played GTA IV very much (Never even touched V) and when I did that was a while ago but I found driving around was really fun. I'm currently replaying all the San Andreas missions on the Android version and while the physics are obviously not realistic it's still really fun to smash around.

I really want to try Asseto Corsa but I really don't want to buy it until the price goes down to like $10-15.

7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

very hard choice, i'd probably have to go with Driver: SF, GTA, ETS2, and the Forza Series

8. moonkill

moonkill
    Expand Collapse

Well couldn't live without the "old" nfs series.. after most wanted (the ps2 version) the series really went downhill.
    I played the underground series most.. i love ricing out those rides. The only thing missing was engine swaps :D

Also street legal racing redline is a great game. Even though lacks realism. But still amuses me a lot. Especialy with the part system :)

9. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

GTA IV for me as well, modded with a full replacement of 70's cars and ICenhancer :D

10. Corvette82

Corvette82
    Expand Collapse

Assetto Corsa(until now cause my G27 got all weird with it) so DiRT 3

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

11. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Burnout paradise. Such an underestimated game. It was the first game I got when I got my Xbox like 4 years ago, and I still play it today.

Just Cause 2 and GTA V aren't strictly just car games, but I love those both as well. During Spring break I played GTA V for at least 5 hours a day and ended up beating the game the Sunday before break was over XD Unfortunately the game is just about useless to me after the story is done. Considering I have no idea how online works. Too much to figure out :/

12. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

Only car themed game beside BeamNG in my computer in that case would be Street Legal Racing Redline made by Invictus and Published by Activision.

Its basicaly(for those who havent played it):
    Buy a wreck from shaby local car reseller.
    Then buy missing parts and install them, if car misses engine build one
    (in detail: Camshafts, connecting rods, pistons and so on, then race whit your car, maybe will you crash it during a drag race since opponent may crash into you,or car may have handling problems(different brake/suspension parts on each side). Then repair the car, repaint it, buy missing parts again and so on.

13. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Its got to be a weird bump, how did you drag this thread out of the depths of history?

#53 Hati, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  14. Royal_Stig

Royal_Stig
    Expand Collapse

Sad to see only 2 people voted of one of the TDU's.:(

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I would have gone for Test drive unlimited had the second game not annoyed me as much as it did.
    Who the hell decided that tinting the front windows was a good idea, it removes so much colour from the landscape and means i cant drive any car with it. The biggest problem is you cant change the window tints.
    The inside camera. In my opinion TDU1 got the internal camera pretty close to perfect, But TDU2 snaps around too much and makes the physics feel considerably worse.

The concept behind test drive is amazing. TDU1 is probably the game i have put the most hours into. I have completed every single road in TDU2, but those two things left me not wanting to play it after that.

So, assetto corsa has the number 1 spot. The nurburgring mod as well as jeux plait from rbr make the game worthwhile for me. I find track racing a little boring. If someone made a good open world map for assetto corsa i would never be seen again.

16. GhostRai

GhostRai
    Expand Collapse

Heat Online... I loved that game to death... And now it's gone T.T
    But I realized...actually alot of the car customization in that game created a riced out appearance....

17. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Midtown Madness 2 <3

Attached Files:

• 2014-7-19@9-25-44-967.png
  18. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

Too many to choose... Take a look at my steam profile (svpracer) to see my library of mostly racing games. I like the driving in mafia 2. I think that it has a perfect ballance of arcade-sim (of enabled) compared to GTA IV.

19. Kracksn [GER]

Kracksn [GER]
    Expand Collapse

Assetto Corsa, it gets better and better with every update, and know with mods coming out of the dark holes, sounds dirty, its even more fun.

Test Drive Unlimited: sadly the Multiplayer Server went down view years ago :( but its still fun to drive arround on Hawaii :)

on Xbox 360 i like Forza 4 alot !

20. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

NR2003 - One of the only sims I know of where a car rolls over differently on tarmac, sand, and grass. Each are different.

And you can go 270mph on some tracks :rolleyes:

iRacing - 68 tracks and 39 cars.

GTR2 - Moddable, fun, great driving feel. Physics suck though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice