1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Asking about a strange 200BX fire.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nautiwryn, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Nautiwryn

Nautiwryn
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any footage or screenshots as I had reset before deciding to write this post, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. I was driving the base model of the Ibishu 200BX down some dirt roads on the map "American Road" when I put it through a pool of water. The impact going into the water was fairly solid, but no visual damage was done to the car. Seconds after coming out of the water flames began to erupt from beneath the hood.

It gave me a good laugh, but it was pretty strange and I'm curious as to why it happened in the first place.

2. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Probably cracked the engine case (not a car expert so I'm just shooting in the dark here) and the water was able to keep the flames at bay but once you left the water any spark or high enough heat had ignite it.

3. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

What did happen is (if BeamNG is in depth enough) it broke a fuel line causing fuel to leak out, the fire was kept at bay in the water but went apeshit outside of it.
    Car expert here!

4. Nautiwryn

Nautiwryn
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the responses! Both possible explanations seem plausible. I'll have to put on my tryhard pants and see if I can recreate it. I wonder if the game informed of something being damaged and I missed it...

5. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

"plausible"

dramatic flashbacks

6. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

More likely it is a bug with this specific map, Utah river did the same when first introduced.

7. Nautiwryn

Nautiwryn
    Expand Collapse

Fascinating. Hopefully that issue gets resolved, as funny as my car spontaneously combusting was.
    Nice work on the mods by the way. The flying Pigeon is stuff of legends.

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Could be some easily flammable node bent to touch some hot node, maybe.

9. Nautiwryn

Nautiwryn
    Expand Collapse

I just had it happen again, but this time I was doing some jumps on a different map. I'm under the impression it's related to hard impacts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice