Asking about collision and textures

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by VR_D0GE, Nov 27, 2022.

1. VR_D0GE

VR_D0GE
    Expand Collapse

I asked a creator of a map if I could use the model of his crash floor. I put it in blender to add some doors to enter with... I was wondering how I would re add collision to the building, cause at the moment I just fall through it. Plus I have looked at the texture manager thing Idk and it has the right file patterns.
    This is my first time really getting into blender and stuff like that.

Its 3 am, sorry if this doesn't make sense.

2. AlexKidd71

AlexKidd71
    Expand Collapse

Take a look at this exporter tool for blender. It helps you with the collision mesh and LOD settings. https://www.beamng.com/threads/beamng-easy-export-for-blender.85294/

And if you should be lazy you can select your building in world editor and search collision mesh in the object inspector and set it to visible mesh. You have to reload collision mesh in the file menu afterwards or reload level. But keep in mind that this setting is resource unfriendly if the model is complex. You should do an own object in blender by reducing the original one and select it as collisionmesh in the exporter settings.

3. VR_D0GE

VR_D0GE
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for helping me I just use the visible mesh final. because the blender mesh wouldn't work. I need to ask one more question if any would know how would I fix being able to see through the walls? Also how I might be able to fix the textures.
    --- Post updated ---
    fixed the wall thing tho its a little its kinda dark tho on the outside
    --- Post updated ---
    fixed it a little its kinda dark tho
    nvm mind

Attached Files:

• Screenshot2022-11-28204557.png
    • Screenshot2022-11-28204803.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice