1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Audacity Help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by RyMcC22, Mar 10, 2015.

1. RyMcC22

RyMcC22
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    I've been using fireboyd78's unique engine sounds tutorial to put custom engine sounds into individual engines, which works perfectly fine as long as I use custom sounds off of the forum.
    Now I'm trying to create my own engine sounds using Nemesis's custom sound tutorial. For a reason I can't figure out, my sounds will not work in game.
    I'm following the tutorial to a T and feel like I'm making quality sounds with good loops. Would love to see my Cummins sound in action!
    Not sure if it might be my Audacity settings or if I might be converting them wrong. I've tried both mono and stereo recording channels in Audacity. I'm just lost and could use some help.
    Don't know if it makes a difference, but I have the Experimental Version with 0.3.7.7.

Also, I used the search bar and spent a lot of time reading threads finding no solution. If I missed something, please redirect me and apologies for starting a new thread.

2. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Is the sound mono?

3. RyMcC22

RyMcC22
    Expand Collapse

I've tried both mono and stereo. Neither gives me any sound. Any ideas?

4. f1proracer

f1proracer
    Expand Collapse

Where are you placing the files? The file structure got changed around a lot with the update. Also if you are replacing a pre existing file make sure the name is the same so the game uses the audio.

5. RyMcC22

RyMcC22
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply but I finally got it figured out. I was using Freemake to download videos off of Youtube and for some reason media.io didn't agree with that method lol. All good now though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice