1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Audio output change, bug or not

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by crashmaster, Mar 30, 2020.

1. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

This is a thing that im curious to know if its an actual bug, or if its some kind of technical limitation of the game.

Everytime i plug in an aux cable to have audio externally outputted to speakers or my headphones, beamng has its sound stuck on the default output. i cannot make beamng use the audio output im using.
    By default, on my desktop, the sound is from the tv.
    When i had my laptop it came out from the laptop speakers.
    No matter the pc i tried this on, id have to restart beamng to have my audio at the right output.
    Thats if i plug it in after beamng was open. if i open beamng after i plug in my aux its fine.
    I have to restart beamng if i want my audio elsewhere.
    Ive been doing this for quite a while now but i have never asked about it. Bug or nah?

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That's correct.

BeamNG uses the default playback devices of Windows.
    You cannot change device while the game is running, any change is applied when you re-launch the game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice