1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Auto Trans Shifting? (Why does it change gears the way it does?)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by on3cherryshake, May 11, 2017.

1. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

Torque converters in this game are great. I've been waiting for these since the game came out, and a few months ago, we got them. But they way they were implemented raises a question for me: why do they lurch forward when shifting at full throttle?

My parents own a 2006 Chevy Uplander (3.5, not the 3.9, it's a dog) and 2010 Chrysler T&C (with the 4.0 V6; it hauls) When under full throttle in both vans - and this is VERY noticeable going from 2nd to 3rd in the Chrysler - it feels like the throttle cuts out, shifts, and then cuts in again.

Watch these videos:

In BeamNG, the whole car lurches forward as the engine keeps the power on switching gears. Why is this? It there a setting / settings in the engine jbeam I can change to make it behave like this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice