Automatic Transmission Damage.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by LukeFHJ, Jan 27, 2021.

1. LukeFHJ

LukeFHJ
    Expand Collapse

Hi, as the manual transmission vehicles can burn out their clutches, automatics can also overheat and have gearbox failure. It's actually very easy to do if you're neutral dropping a auto in real life. Also prop shaft's can snap etc from launching and doing burnouts.

Also automatic transmission failure often shows with delay going into gears, such as reverse from park will take 2-3 seconds before enabling. Obviously this will be hard to implement into a game.

2. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Isn't this already simulated?

3. NaNe

NaNe
    Expand Collapse

i dont think this i simulated

4. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

Driveshaft snapping is simulated, but as far as I know an auto can´t be damaged in any way.

5. LukeFHJ

LukeFHJ
    Expand Collapse

Only in a collision is the driveshaft able to snap. You cannot snap them by doing harsh launches, like you can in real life.

And no, there isn't any automatic transmission damage stimulation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

"hard launches on big tyres can hurt the planetaries" I read in my monthly magazine once regarding the Trimatic auto that's in my weekend drive, i learnt that the hard way when i forgot about that little piece of information when i was at set of traffic lights.... oops

Also could i suggest differential damage simulation as well, on certain models they should be weaker/stronger than others. On the weak (like the absolute worst) ones if you are accelerating hard with the tires freely spinning on a loose surface then they suddenly catch grip, it could destroy the internals. something i also learnt on an old Holden (luckily not mine)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Something definitely should be done to implement damage caused by hard launching, idk how the driveshaft is surviving on my "half a million horsepower drag" custom config. And also automatic transmissions are OP, they can never get damaged, while on manual the clutch melts instantly when I try to drive with that config lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

ive done it in 0.21.3

9. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I don't remember what mod it was as that happened over 2 years ago, but I remember that by using the engine from that mod & slicks on normal asphalt (not the drag strip one) I was able to snap the driveshaft rather consistently while doing hard launches

10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Could have been due to engine shaking violently on the launch, like on the outdated mods for the Covet now since engine mounts are a separate part

11. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

burnside with slicks and stage 4 supercharger

12. lemonboss

lemonboss
    Expand Collapse

you can snap driveshafts, you only can on a manual doe. i once snapped my driveshaft with a 500hp barra i6 in a pigeon

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

It is definitely possible to snap a driveshaft by doing a hard launch.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. lemonboss

lemonboss
    Expand Collapse

agreed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice