Automation .pc files

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by carcrazyalex, Jan 31, 2020.

1. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    I have made a few trims for a car that I've made in Automation, and I want to make it so that you can select the different trims in a menu for my car. I'm not experienced at all with this sort of thing, but I think that it is something to do with .pc files. I was wandering if anyone could tell me what to do and how to get my car trims in their own menu, rather than have them all over the place in the main car selector.
    Thanks for the help :)

2. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

Could you post pics? I did that to my BeamCo. Verminator. It is super easy.

3. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

I don't have any pics right now but I have another problem.
    I had an brainwave and it (sort of) worked. I took the PC files from each one exported into Beamng and put then in the folder for the main one. The PC files did work in the game, but they didn't actually have the same trims as the originals because the wheels, bodies and engines from the different trims weren't in the folder for it, so I need to somehow get everything into that folder so that everything works as it should.
    How did you do it with yours? :)

4. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

I first made tuning parts. Again very easy. Then I opened BeamNG and enabled show custom vehicles in selector, (this is crucial). Next I configured my cars and saved the configs. Last of all I took the pc files out of the beamng documents folder and put them in the car folder itself.

5. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

How did you make the tuning parts? I've searched everywhere for some sort of tutorial, but none of them help that much, as I am planning on having different body types and not just configurations.

6. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

Basicly I just copied the original engine, edited it, and saved it.

7. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

Ok, Do you know how I might be able to do a different body style? :confused:

8. 93Volvo240

93Volvo240
    Expand Collapse

That one I am still working on. For now I would just export them separately. Do you have the car on hand? If so pm it and I will try and work on it.

9. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

I’m not on my computer just now, that’s why I didn’t have any pictures earlier...
    I can send you it tomorrow (if I remember :))

10. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Hi!
    Just like you, I am trying to find a way to be able to change the body type in the part selector. I did many tries until now, but nothing work sadly :(
    I will continue working on this, but if you find something, can you share it with me please? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

If I find anything then I'll PM it to you :)
    I was looking at other mod's folders for reference but all I could find related to the different bodies were the PC files, the Jbeam files and the dae files, however I didn't find anything that actually told the game that there were different body configurations, so I'm not sure how the game knows that there are different body styles :confused:
    I'm probably just being stupid and there is something really obvious there that I'm missing (I have no experience with this sort of thing ;))
    Anyway, I'm going to have another go at it today, and hopefully I get something to work!

Also if you find anything can you share it with me as well please? :)

12. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Of course i am going to share it! ;)
    Also, I think the main jbeam file have an importance, because it's because of it of you can chose between various parts

13. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

I Unpacked both bodies and tried to move the main Jbeam file into one of the folders. It wouldn't let me do that though, so I'm not sure how I'm going to get the Jbeam file in there...
    Any ideas? :)

14. TheCrySick

TheCrySick
    Expand Collapse

Well, I have grouped all the files other than. jbeam in the folder of the car 1. After that, I opened the main jbeam of the car 1, I copy at the end of the file the entire main jbeam of the car 2, and I created a new slot so you can choose between the two. But it absolutely does not work :(

15. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

I'm also looking for the solution to this for over 2 months now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice