Pack Automation Retro Vehicle Projects

Discussion in 'Automation' started by BeamNigeria, Oct 28, 2019.

?

Which vehicle should I make next?

Poll closed Nov 2, 2019.
  1. 90s Japanese AWD Turbo Sports Coupe

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. 90s American Fullsize Sedan (Police / Taxi)

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. 80s British Luxury Sedan

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. 90s Japanese Econosport

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 80s German Sports Car

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  6. 90s American Electric Car

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. BeamNigeria

BeamNigeria
    Expand Collapse

Early-1990s Japanese Compact Sedan
    HiResPhoto13.png HiResPhoto14.png
    Mid-1990s Japanese Sports Coupe
    HiResPhoto15.png HiResPhoto16.png
    Mid-1990s American Fullsize Taxi (Police and Civilian versions coming soon)
    HiResPhoto17.png HiResPhoto18.png

Attached Files:

#1 BeamNigeria, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  2. BeamNigeria

BeamNigeria
    Expand Collapse

The 90s Japanese Sport Coupe is finished so ignore that one on the poll above. Next will be the 90s American Fullsize Sedan so also ignore that one in the poll as well.

3. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

hm yes very nice.
    simple and easy

4. BeamNigeria

BeamNigeria
    Expand Collapse

Coming soon...
    HiResPhoto12.png

5. BeamNigeria

BeamNigeria
    Expand Collapse

Taxi is now ready for download!
    HiResPhoto19.png

6. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

They look nice for a start, however the designs could use some more details, as they look about plain imo.
    Look at real cars and try to implement some more body lines and or design parts of other cars into yours, it would upgrade the styling immensely :)

7. BeamNigeria

BeamNigeria
    Expand Collapse

Generally cars from that era didn't have much style (in a good way). They were usually plain and round which is why they are quite simple to make in Automation. I'm much better at "engineering" them than designing them. I spend hours testing them at Gridmap to ensure that they perform very well similar to their real life counterparts that they're based on (ride, handling, acceleration, top speed, braking, and cruising). I think the designs are pretty good but I will make these cars all over again and improve them as best as I can when I get some free time. It's basically going to be version 2.0 plus more cars that I haven't added yet. There's going to be 3 different packs:

The first will be a 1919 pack which will be brass-era cars from the turn of the century, so basically vehicles between the Late-1890s all the way up to the Late-1910s. Horse drawn carriages, steam cars, quadricycles, early electric cars and of-course gasoline powered cars.

The next will be a 1976 pack which will include cars from the Mid-1950s all the way through the Mid-1970s. Muscle cars, malase-era stuff, early import cars, big boaty land yachts, cabover semi trucks, custom vans, wood panel station wagons, etc.

The final one will be a 2000 pack which will have a bit of everything between the Late 1970s to the Early-2000s. All types of vehicles from 70s junkyard classics to 2000s electric cars.

I originally planned a 1955 pack with cars from the Late 1920s until the Mid-1950s, but there isn't enough car bodies in automation to support this pack so I'll have to wait for more mods and official content. I did get some inspiration for these packs from this video:

BTW, don't expect these mods to come out anytime soon. Each vehicle takes me about a day or two to develop. I also have work and a personal life. The earliest you can expect each pack is by Spring 2020.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice