1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

1. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

This was original posted by crudboy12 but i wanted to ask if their was any progress on the lag that occurred when I turn the wheel all the way to the left or right, also when i gas.but when i pause i get 60fps.(i get 6-9 when it lags):confused::confused:

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Not getting such problem here.

What are your PC hardware specs?

3. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

processor
    Intel core i3-4130
    CPU 3.40Hz
    windows 7
    64-bit operating system
    NVIDIA Geforce gts 450 graphics card
    i have 8.0 GB of ram
    (sorry if the specs are not right i'm kinda new.Tell me if u need to know anything else)

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

While the CPU is low on cores so wont allow many vehicles to run at once, it should run the game just fine. Although just for reference, its 3.4GHz not just Hz. If it was 3.4Hz you'd be here all week just trying to turn the bloody thing on.

The GPU however. Thats old school. It wont run the game at max settings. You will have to turn a few down. I'm not at my desktop to check what settings its at, but it isnt maxed on a slightly overclocked GTX460 which is a model up from yours.

5. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of GPU performance etc. :
    My GTX 750 isn't able to run JRI maxed out at more than 30FPS, so you might be able to get it running at about 20-ish FPS on the lowest possible settings.

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

it should do more than 20fps on low, my 460 dont quite struggle that much.

7. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Torque3D doesn't play well with Maxwell; DX9 prefers more shaders to more efficient design, which is why GTX 780s get better FPS in BeamNG than GTX 970s.

I would know, I had a 750 ti for the longest time, and it ran like crap. This is why I've been so adamant about getting DX11 or DX12 in BeamNG

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

However maxwell isnt part of the equation here considering the OP isnt using maxwell. Although it is perhaps why the 750 crippled itself if thats what you mean.

I wasnt trying to criticise the 750. I was simply saying my 460 doesnt get kicked down to 20fps on lowest settings, it certainly hits at least 30 on medium or so.

9. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

With one car i usually get 35 to 60 fps because I have the graphics turned down, but this is when i have 1 car turning the wheel to the side.

2015-06-09_00002.jpg then................................ 2015-06-09_00004.jpg im in the middle of turning.

#9 titantls, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  10. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I was speaking of SuperNoob05's GTX 750. It's a gimped card yes, but it's not 20FPS-on-low kinda gimped. It has the hardware possibilities of being around where your 460 is, but the software is the bottleneck.

@OP

I honestly have no idea why turning the steering wheel causes your FPS to plummet. It doesn't make any sense.

11. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

Yes i know when i turn the wheel and when i gas. i posted pictures so u can see

12. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

it might be caused by the rendering of particles [tire smoke] when turning, no matter how small.

To remove this do the following:

• Start a level like gridmap and press F11 to open the editor
    • A toolbar should show up like so
    67f72ee011.jpg
    • Click the highlighted eye icon
    • Another thing should open
    dd18a05566.png
    • Select the "Visible" tab at the top and hide the "Particle" related things
    • This window has all things alphabetized

Report back

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The GPU should be fine. Had a GTS450 too, and it did good in BeamNG at lowest.
    It seems to be a problem with the CPU to me.
    When the car is in 'rest' position, it doesn't load much on the CPU. As soon you turn the wheels, the whole car is getting a modification, increasing the load on the CPU.
    Does the FPS-Drop happens also when you drive (or turn slightly), or only when you go full lock?

14. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

its when i gas or turn, full lock it becomes fine again

- - - Updated - - -

No that did not do anything i might re download the game.

15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Does it stay low FPS even if you accelerate, leave all the keys while the car is still rolling? OR only when you are pressing a key?
    I tried on my laptop, which has a very lowend CPU for BeamNG, and while I get terrible FPS, it's nothing like that.

16. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

When i press the key it lags if i let the car coast i lags than stops on and of as long as it coasts. and if i hit a big bump it lags. I will probably re download the game and see if it fixes it. I dont have any mods so it will be easy to re download.

#16 titantls, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  17. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

Is it just me or have I never had an issue with this game and FPS? XD I lived with a 750 ti for just under a year (A few days short) and I played BeamNG fine on high settings, so I wonder why you lagged so much, I upgraded to a GTX 960, does it use Maxwell? I'm not sure, but my FPS jumped up by 5 - 10 on certain maps, but nothing amazing.

I know the 750 ti is low end, but it sure has enough power to play BeamNG.

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Another user just reported the same problem (and that makes a total count of 2).
    Something is not right here.

I didn't get your last reply tho.

If you accelerate and then leave all the buttons, and let the car roll down, does your FPS goes back to 60 (When you are not pressing anything and the car is still moving)?
    Or it goes to 60FPS only when it stops?

19. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

When I let the car coast the fps slowly gose back up, and if i hit a bump it gose down.This is weird but going in reverse seems to not lag. I hope this dose not effect you but i'm going away for about a week.sorry:(I'm leaving friday morning by the way I re dowloaded the game and its still like this.

#19 titantls, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  20. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Our definitions of "runs good" are probably not the same. With my GTX 970, I can't get a solid 60FPS on any settings above low in Beam at 1080p. It usually sticks to 60 but drops to 40s when panning around. This is an "alright" FPS, but I since can downsample from 4K on Ultra in DiRT3, and run any other game at 60FPS at High @ 1440p, it's clear BeamNG does not run well. I have a feeling it is Maxwell, because a 780 Ti can run BeamNG better than a 970, which from what I know only happens in DX9 games, like this one.

My 960 nearly caught fire, so forget about that one.

My 750 Ti kept things above 30FPS, but the framerate was really annoying. 60 FPS here, round the corner, 35 FPS. It was difficult to enjoy the game when the FPS is fluctuating like it did with my 750 ti,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice