1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Banana Bench and adding objects, question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B3_Burner, Jul 26, 2019.

1. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

Let's say my banana bench indicates that I can run 20 cars on my system before things start to get stagnant. Does that number only include cars? Or if I lay out 19 cones, k-rails, detour partitions, etc... that will use up my banana bench count as well?

I'd like to lay out partitions to direct my course and close off roads, so I don't go the wrong way... but not if laying them out all around the map is going to tax my computer, the same as if I added 19 cars.

Can anyone tell me if directional objects count for less "strain" against the computer than actual vehicles?

Thanks.

ADDENDUM:
    Well never mind, I answered my own question. I put about 14 or so barricades around the course, and it really affected nothing, so cars are apparently different and more frame-costly than simple utility objects that you place on the ground.

#1 B3_Burner, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Note, bananabench is a test of how many pickups you can run. Try it with covets or pigeons and you get a higher number of vehicles, try it with buses or t75's you get lower

3. HIderi

HIderi
    Expand Collapse

also you crossed out your text haha

4. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

I had no idea that, which vehicle is in question would make a difference. But I guess that makes sense. More J-beams and nodes, less tolerance for quantity.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes, I know. I think I was trying to make a point of the fact that my question no longer applied, since I seemed to have answered my own question. But it's probably misleading to readers to see an entire post crossed out. So I probably should have just red-fonted the addendum and left standard black text in place for sake of continuity. I'll change that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice