On Hold Banger Racing Track and Demolition Derby Bowl

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Leet34, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Hi, as i now progress on my Banger Car im also working on this track. It contains a race track and a demolition derby bowl. I guess i have enough progress to make topic :D.
    Ive allready got it in game, however i still havent found out yet how to paint forest and grass on a custom DAE model and also i have no clue how to apply texture blending which i used there.
    EVERYTHING is modeled by me in 3ds Max 2012.

pic.png

If you know how to paint forest on a DAE model or if you know how to apply texture blending (vertex paint), comment here.

#1 Leet34, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. mtchll3

mtchll3
    Expand Collapse

i don't think u can paint forest or grass on meshes,

3. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

I think so too, however im thinking about creating invisible terrain and painting it on that :D. Still havent found out how to apply vertex paint... Even when i apply vertex colors in material and when i add more layers its not working.

4. Yotaak

Yotaak
    Expand Collapse

You can actually.

e94ce9f9f8.jpg

First copy a "art" folder from one of the official map(s) i.e "dry_rock_island" and put it inside of your own map's folder.

8dccdaf099.png

Go into the art folder and click on another folder. Then go into the materials and replace all the stuff that says "dry_rock_island" with your own map folder name. You can do this fast by pressing ctrl+h, where it says find, type "dry_rock_island" and where it says replace, type your own folder name. Now be aware you technically don't need to do this, but if someone deletes dry rock island, your map will have a lot of errors and then your map will have no vegetation.

Also, you need to do this with every single item that you intend to use such as rocks, grass, and trees as shown below.

62589a40b7.png

After that is all done go into F11 mode (must be in windowed mode) and then go over to the "vegetation editor" (#1)

651ba99b56.jpg

#2 is the vegetation editor

#3 is the mesh you want to paint

#4 is the Pressure & size of the brush. Higher the pressure = more vegetation density and vice versa.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

5. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Thanks man, i appreciate this :). Gonna try ASAP.

EDIT: I cant get collision to work :/. It has got collision mesh named as "colmesh-1", however after i select it to use colision mesh, theres no colision in game, just the flat plane colision..

#5 Leet34, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  6. Yotaak

Yotaak
    Expand Collapse

Cant get collision to work on the trees or the mesh?

7. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

The whole mesh of the map, when exported in Max ive tried to export it as both selected "brtddb" and "colmesh-1" and also tried to export with a dummy connected to both meshes.
    And i cant even paint vegetation because of missing colision.
    Ive also tried to use visible mesh as colision, however that didnt work either..

8. Yotaak

Yotaak
    Expand Collapse

The only time I've had colisions is when I've used "visible mesh". Try deleting the ttstatic or what ever its called and then re-import it and then select colision type "visable mesh". I would give you another tutorial but im laying in bed watching trailer park boys posting on my phone at 4am.

Here take this, you made me do it.

27de4dd4a2.png

#8 Yotaak, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  9. Leet34

Leet34
    Expand Collapse

Oh well i know how to use the visible mesh as colision, but even after i selected it, it was still collision less. I will try re importing instead of replacing DAE as you said.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice