Banish Arcade Automatic on manuals

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Michaelflat1, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Michaelflat1

Michaelflat1
    Expand Collapse

its so annoying having to switch to manual mode everytime i start a scenario, please get rid of it! :)

2. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Agreed, scenario resetting is horrible with this. Transmissions are very much using placeholder code right now, but there shouldn't be an option for an automatic option on a manual car anyway.

3. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

At least fix the auto defaulting of the transmission mode on resetting scenarios
    For the sake of controller and keyboard users that don't like manual keep the modes

Excuse the grammar/spelling I'm on mobile

4. dg65lg71

dg65lg71
    Expand Collapse

There Are some problems some people are horrible at using manual and some cars only come in manual so they would have problems driving them like me.

5. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

At the moment, the clutch isn't even really simulated and it's impossible to stall. If you still want an auto in a car, you can just edit one line of text in the vehicle_engine.jbeam file to switch the transmission to auto.

6. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

While I always drive either Real Automatic or Manual, keep in mind some people don't have the means to shift and drive, and sometimes it's nice to have an auto shifting manual for when you don't feel like shifting.

Plus you gotta remember that if you remove arcade auto there would be a massive crowd of children or arcade fans who think the game is broken because their car won't move.

So instead how about having a setting in the Gameplay section to change the default transmission type? So by default it's arcade auto for newbies but you can change it to manual if you want.

7. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Exactly how I feel I am a manual only guy and I even do it on keyboard but this is a nessesity you can't have manual only or a large crowd would be left out of using some setups

8. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

You're right, that's a much better idea than just removing it completely.

9. DirtGamer301

DirtGamer301
    Expand Collapse

Why not just put an option to select your standard gearbox mode, like in the controls:
    Gearbox: Arcade Automatic v

And then you can still change it if you feel like, and if you don't the first selected gearbox mode will be, in this case, Arcade Automatic.

10. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

So literally exactly what I said? okay.

11. DirtGamer301

DirtGamer301
    Expand Collapse

*insert facepalm* Yes... I guess I've overseen this message

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice