1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Barstow & its weird supercharger whine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sithhy™, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I really like that the Barstow has a custom supercharger whine which adds some variety to the sounds, but there's one problem with it... for me, atleast. I'm not sure if that's just me or someone else feels the same way, but for some reason, the supercharger whine makes me feel very uneasy & uncomfortable whenever I hear it, especially when the engine is at high RPMs. The sound it makes reminds me of something that is giving me something close to a PTSD & overloads me sonically, but I can't put my finger on what sound it is I hate it to so much, that I don't even use the supercharger option just to avoid it.

I know this sounds ( :rolleyes: ) like a miniscule thing & doing it for just one person isn't worth it, but devs, PLEASE change the sound to something different, as I just can't take it psychically.

2. umustbeloggedintododat

umustbeloggedintododat
    Expand Collapse

This sound?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Noah2001

Noah2001
    Expand Collapse

No he's talking about this one

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Davazz

Davazz
    Expand Collapse

You can replace or delete the sound by modding, it doesn't make any sense for the devs to change it just because you don't like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

That sounds perfectly normal to me and theres nothing wrong with it, even an Eaton Supercharger on my dads Jaguar XF Supercharged sounds sorta like that

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice