Battery's

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DriftingAddict1, Apr 24, 2020.

1. DriftingAddict1

DriftingAddict1
    Expand Collapse

Hello Everyone,
    If I'm correct, there are no battery parts or alternators in Beam Ng. I was wondering if you could add them and they could add to the realism and you could more gauges like a battery gauge and stuff. This was all I was going to ask.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

You definitely can, but it would be an absolute pain in the ass to simulate it properly

3. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

What makes you say that. I've seen it done in other games. I wouldn't say it's a pain.

I think tire heat and more important things however are more on the radar of many.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

It is, if you want to do it realistically & dynamically like BeamNG wants, but doing it the way other games do it is just not suitable

5. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Sadly other games aren't exactly beamng.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I suppose only the devs them selves can say how difficult this would be to implement. realistically I still imagine the real response will be about how this is rather low priority.

Damn... I'm glad we got that factoid outta the way.
    --- Post updated ---
    On a side note.. it's not like with radiator simulation they're actually simulating a fan moving actual air in space through an object and simulating how the circulation transfers heat energy away from the radiator effectively making it a heatsink down to the very extreme detail. It's simplified to a reasonable level... as are most systems within the "standards" of BeamNG. I highly doubt they're gonna simulate a full simulation of a turbine generating power off the engine timing belt/chain when it revs up to charge the battery down to the more detail then some math. Let's be real here.

also for any of this to matter, starter motors would have to be simulated a little more realistically with stress and failure as well.

#6 KennyWah, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I assume you talk about the starter battery and not the main battery of an EV.

I see little benefit in simulating it.... as the play options are quite limited. Regular wear and tear will never be an issue in the game, neither will be aging.

It isnt particularly fun either.... a discharged battery makes the vehicle unable to start again..... that it. You could at best simulate a start by pushing/towing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice