Beam.ng Development Roadmap

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ryakra, Jun 11, 2014.

1. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

A suggestion for the site that may help lower the posts of "is this game still being updated!?!?".
    Basically it shows a estimated progress to the beta and full or features/update release's. An example of what I mean (taken from the dead Linger website):
    AlmJAfh.png
    fo5Cgvv.png
    nNiKYLk.png
    Im sorry if this has been suggested a lot before, I searched and it came up with 3 posts form 1-2 years ago with 0 posts in them.

2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

we would have a hundred bars then :|

3. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

You could just put up the current in dev ones. or the ones people are wanting a lot :) and have them in sections.
    (ex: a section for cars with the current progress on the t75 or sunburst, then one on maps which shows the % done on the east map, I think that's what its called, and leave out ones that are not planed to be worked on a lot.)

4. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

Or just use the ones planed for next update and leave the items not planed for the next update out.

5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

please just read our blog for now :)

6. ryakra

ryakra
    Expand Collapse

ok, I always check there daily anyway XD

7. CrazeGaming

CrazeGaming
    Expand Collapse

It would be nice to have this sort of thing, but for now we have the blogs that the devs create every now and again. Plus it means the devs have one more thing to concentrate on other than the race update.As well as these two, I believe this has already been mentioned, but a million and one different things are planned so it would be very difficult to follow each and every one of the charts (I don't know the proper terminology for those bar things).

8. deject3d

deject3d
    Expand Collapse

this is really not the answer i was hoping for. do you have an internal roadmap? deadlines? project management patterns? these are serious questions but it's not your business to answer them publicly. your response was awfully short and it kinda seems like you're dodging the suggestion for an arbitrary reason.

thank you for ramping up blogs though.

9. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yes, we have all of these things in an internal redmine, with progress bars, categories, assignees, and due dates.

10. The Sturmovik

The Sturmovik
    Expand Collapse

It actually sounds like he was being completely honest. I do have to agree, though, that those dev blogs are really great for letting the members know what's going on. So thanks for that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice