WIP Beam Valley 250

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by BDR_Guy, Jan 22, 2021.

1. BDR_Guy

BDR_Guy
    Expand Collapse

GONE

#1 BDR_Guy, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Why is this a Desert Trails map knockoff? We don't need a copy of it. Did you even get permission to release it?

@runnertyler

• Like Like x 1
  3. BDR_Guy

BDR_Guy
    Expand Collapse

I've tried to get permission from the original map creator. but the only thing that is the same from his map and ours is the ground all props and trails are 100% different. We've added about 700 props and many more trails. We have close to 150 hours each into this map. The map file is over double the size of the original.

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The fact that you put a lot of work into it doesn't excuse the fact that you built it on a map that you straight up stole without permission... If you don't get permission it means you CAN'T edit it, you can't just assume the original author wouldn't have anything against it, it's in the rules that you NEED to have permission. Why didn't you just make your own ground from scratch if you are saying it's the only thing you took from that map?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SupraRZ95

SupraRZ95
    Expand Collapse

Great map. Love it! Works awesome, just need to work on my suspension tuning for everything. Who cares what these kids say about "stole". Bullshit, you gave him credit, tried to contact him, and you couldn't. It's effectively a dead map that you made work again, but better. Thank you! Can't wait for future releases!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BDR_Guy

BDR_Guy
    Expand Collapse

See now you’re the kind of guy I love. And I’m so happy you like it. I hope you’re having fun :) yes we have many more maps planned for the future.

7. v_young32

v_young32
    Expand Collapse

Such a buzz kill just enjoy the map who cares if he used it he made it 100x better
    --- Post updated ---
    Shut up and enjoy the map it’s not that big of deal

• Like Like x 1
  8. BDR_Guy

BDR_Guy
    Expand Collapse

<3
    --- Post updated ---
    Haha much love dude

• Like Like x 1
  9. SupraRZ95

SupraRZ95
    Expand Collapse

Yo, the new updated map isn't updated for me no matter what I do. I've deleted it, redownloaded. Deleted, deleted cache, redownloaded, multiple times. Not sure what the deal is, also you should make a new thread for the new map so peeps can post there

10. BDR_Guy

BDR_Guy
    Expand Collapse

Oh shit! okay I’ll take a look at it in the morning. Thank you for telling me! And I’ve gotten this before Believe it or not, the guy said it wasn’t updated. I told him did you look around? he said yeah, I asked if there was a track behind the start line across the road. And he said ooh there it is my bad. Lol
    So check and make sure it actually isn’t there thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice