1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

BeamNG Alpha - Xbox360 Controller Not-Working-

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by GeoTelnet111, Aug 4, 2013.

1. GeoTelnet111

GeoTelnet111
    Expand Collapse

Hello!

I am already testing the 0.3 ver of BeamNG DRIVE and already notcied that my controller isn't working. It is properly configured through my PC, and didn't know if there was a control panel for customizing the controls.

Thank You!

-Alpha User Geo-

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

There is a tricky process if your controller is not recognized. It is detailed on the wiki: http://wiki.beamng.com/Playing#Configuring_your_own_controller

3. GeoTelnet111

GeoTelnet111
    Expand Collapse

Thank You, Gabe. :)

I will update this post when I have configured it.

(p,s, could you make a video for PC noobs?)

-Alpha User Geo-

4. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

What do you need to know? Just go to the games installation directory\scripts\client\inputmaps. From there use one of the similar controllers to yours(if it has a clutch pedal and hshifter use the g25 map, or if it only has gas/brake/wheel use the logitech momo) and change them to suit your needs. The input debug screen ingame(press k a few times) will show you what axis' you're moving on your controller so you can map them easily.

5. GeoTelnet111

GeoTelnet111
    Expand Collapse

I don't even know where to start...
    Mine is just the simple Xbox controller (with a wireless USB interceptor).

I am not very Script Savvy with this kind of stuff, so I may just have to wait till someone releases a input map for me. :c

6. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

There already is an input map for the xbox controller(its name is 6f1d2b61d5a011cfbfc7444553540000.inputmap.cs). You just need to make a copy of it and rename it to what the Torque3d.log(located in installation directory) shows.

For example in my log(this is different from yours, don't copy it).
    HTML:
    2.122006|  - joystick specific mapping file not found: scripts/client/inputmaps/bef0dead000000000000504944564944.inputmap.cs
    2.122035|No active object
    That shows that it's looking for a controller with that name, so we take that name(bef0dead000000000000504944564944) and rename the copy of the xbox map to it so it looks like this (bef0dead000000000000504944564944.inputmap.cs).

Don't use the name that I used as it's not for an Xbox remote.

7. GeoTelnet111

GeoTelnet111
    Expand Collapse

Okay, THANK YOU!

That should be in the WiKi. ;)

8. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

hello, im trying to follow the directions, but im totally lost. Which config file do i rename? im using an xbox controller.

9. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

You'll have to do some trial and error opening them with a text editor and seeing which one is for your specific controller.

10. bbomber246

bbomber246
    Expand Collapse

i got mine working mine has a wire i connect it into my pc and then download the xbox on windows controller thing from microsfot works like a charm

11. JammedNose

JammedNose
    Expand Collapse

Did you have to do any of the above things? I looked in console and saw that the game was looking for the WIRELESS controller input so i copied the name of that file and pasted it onto the name of the WIRED controller input script then deleted the WIRELESS input script, still no luck any suggestions?

12. peanut

peanut
    Expand Collapse

I cannot for the life of me get my damn f310 controller to work with this game. I've tried emulating it as a 360 controller and then using the 360 layout but that just makes moving the left stick right accelerate and everything else does nothing. Any one got any tips?.

13. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Very strange control setup, I have been reading all these posts and cannot get my afterglow 360 pad to work. In the controller debug mode it is receiving input from my pad.

I renamed the 360 template to the id of the afterglow pad that I found in the torque3d log. Do I then have to put the cs file somewhere else? Thanks guys.

14. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

hello. im still having trouble with my controller. i think beamng sees it in the torqe file, but it doesnt want to work in game. i tried what the wiki and this thread said to do but it didnt help. i can post some of my files if it is needed.

15. vmunroe

vmunroe
    Expand Collapse

I am also having trouble getting my Xbox 360 Controller to work... I've tried everything I can think of, but I think that I'm a bit out of my league, as I'm not in any way a programmer... I've only got the tech demo, as I wanted to see how it is using an Xbox 360 controller before I consider buying the Alpha release... Is it disabled in the tech demo, or is something not right? If I have to load the input map manually, can anyone tell me exactly how I go about doing that?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I figured out the easiest way to get the Xbox 360 Controller to work for those having issues...

It appears that the Tech Demo calls for the following input map filename:

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\BeamNG\BeamNG-Techdemo-0.3\scripts\client\inputmaps\custom\controllerxbox360forwindows.inputmap.cs

But this file and folder do not exist. The solution is to take the following file:

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\BeamNG\BeamNG-Techdemo-0.3\scripts\client\inputmaps\6f1d2b61d5a011cfbfc7444553540000.inputmap.cs

Copy it, and rename it as "controllerxbox360forwindows.inputmap.cs"

Create a new folder called "custom" in "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\BeamNG\BeamNG-Techdemo-0.3\scripts\client\inputmaps\", and then move "controllerxbox360forwindows.inputmap.cs" into it.

Now start the Tech Demo, and the Xbox 360 Controller will now work.

16. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Sorry but I did this and again, the pad is registering its inputs in the input debug overview but the car won't move. Very frustrating however thank you for trying to help.

17. Francuhh

Francuhh
    Expand Collapse

everything worked great except for my steering, I have the xbox 360 Batarang controller, any clue why? thanks

18. v3n0mou5

v3n0mou5
    Expand Collapse

Hey, my xbox controller is connected and everything, even in the debug mode in the game is sees the input of the buttons i press but the vehicle just doesnt respond. any idea how to fix?

19. SantaClause

SantaClause
    Expand Collapse

Exact same situation here. uggg. it has a filed even named in the folder, but it will not move the car... Was something broken in the latest update?

20. wikchi

wikchi
    Expand Collapse

yep just happened to me too, 360 pad and keyboard suddenly NOT working

NOT HAPPY JAN

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice