1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

BeamNG and Nvidia control panel settings.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by ThomasMu, Dec 20, 2020.

1. ThomasMu

ThomasMu
    Expand Collapse

I'm running the game in 4K and have problem with power management in Nvidia control panel, when i set power management for BeamNG to maximum performance it reverts back to adaptive after launching the game.

On the Italy map with 8 cars the GPU utilization fluctuates between 60-90%, i have tried to set the power management mode for BeamNG to maximum performance in Nvidia Control Panel but it has no effect. It seems that the game is reverting this setting to adaptive as soon as i start the game.

With BeamNG the GPU won't boost much higher than 1300-1400 MHz but with other games when the performance plan sett to maximum performance the boost is around 2012-2025 Mhz depending on temperature. I have no problems with the temperature in BeamNG, it's usually around 40°C and in other more demanding games it barely goes past 65°C.

I have had this problem with previous versions of the game and with older versions of the GPU driver.

I have not tried to use the option in the game settings to force high performance plan since that permanently changes the power setting for the CPU in windows.

Specs:
    CPU: i9 9900K 5.0 GHz OC.
    GPU:Rog Strix 1080ti.
    RAM: 32GB 3000 MHz

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice