1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

BeamNG.Drive at Steam's Top Seller list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fufsgfen, Jun 19, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It seems currently BeamNG.Drive is on page 5 of 546, place 124 of 13647.

Of course situation changes all the time and it will be interesting to see how next update will change the position.

GTA V is 27th
    Wreckfest is 29th

That is listed by Relevance, there is no indication what is the Relevance for that list though, but considering it is global top sellers, Relevance should in theory at least be their amount of total sales?

From SteamSpy can be seen that Wrecfest is currently number 1 trending game, but you can't find it from top playtime list, GTA V is on that list though.

For me it is bit odd how Wreckfest is selling now so much with their price being quite high, but then again when I browse Steam I see Wreckfest popping up all the time, while BeamNG is not really coming up at all, maybe they are pouring money to advertising now.

Still I see Homebrew more than BeamNG on steam, which is bit odd as it is rather small project in a way.

Anyway, I think that BeamNG has quite good position there if listing indicates total sales, it is not easy to end up that high. Also there are those other channels like Humble Bundle etc. which don't necessarily show up.

Coming update should give a lot more sales when awareness of new possibilities is increased, I guess that youtubers play quite large part in that.

So any guesses of what place BeamNG will be on list 1 month after next update (13th August)?

I try to make a guess of 118th place, which probably is off by a mile :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

The reason Wreckfest is so popular is because the game just left early access and has been fully released.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Right now BeamNG.Drive seems to be at place 105, hopefully starting from tomorrow they will get nice boost in sales.

Automation is at place 248 right now.

GTAV is on place 13.
    Wreckfest is on place 22.

Steam has also changed their listings a bit it seems, but maybe they will not change during next week as it will be interesting to see how standings will change around.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

Take Subnautica for example. It wasn't that successful (not not-successful, just not that popular). After Subnautica's final release it became a big hit.

5. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I think both Automation and Beam will increase their ranking next week IMO considering the collaboration tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Considering BeamNG currently don't have that big game (career mode), I would consider placement quite big success already, there is huge number of games behind BeamNG on that listing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

You can also consider how many people play BeamNG, and it's popularity, which is one of the deciding forces for the ranking in a best selling list.
    Add the collab into the mix, and I betcha Automation will get higher in ranking due to the fact that some players of Beam (including me) will get Automation because of the collab. The same can be said for players of Automation that will get BeamNG solely due to the collab, and that will increase BeamNG's ranking as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

No, that is most popular/most played list, best selling list is based on sales.

GTAV had 99,593 simultaneous players today at peak, which lands it as 6th most popular game, ETS2 and FS17 can be found from that list, but Wreckfest is not on that list.

Steam is nice that it is not giving good links to stats, sure I can link to stats page, but you have to look 100 most popular from that page:
    https://store.steampowered.com/stats

This list is popularity based, but it just list all products by relevance, which I guess defaults to popularity, hence link is not showing popularity filter:
    https://store.steampowered.com/search/?

This is then top selling list which I try to keep on eye:
    https://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=win&filter=topsellers

There used to be global top seller and most popular lists, but can't spot them now, I think they have changed things around a bit, making it harder to find good data.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Let's see current status.

Automation is 11th most selling game on Steam!!! Congrats to team New Zealand :D

Wreckfest is on place 12
    GTAV is on place 15

BeamNG.Drive is on place 95, climbing up from 105

So those who had BeamNG are buying Automation, there is not many people without BeamNG who has Automation already? Maybe also many bought BeamNG from Steam sale?

Automation did climb from place 248 to 12, this certainly is happy news for people at Camshaft software.

Of course I don't have any idea about volumes, but I would imagine this being bit more than excepted ?

• Like Like x 6
  10. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit, that's very impressive for Automation!

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Daffyflyer

Daffyflyer
    Expand Collapse
    Automation Team

We were at 3 for a while!

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That must feel good, hard works pays off :D

Really happy for you guys, you are building your dreams and this kind of success certainly will help you to do what you want :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice