BeamNG.drive Common Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dummiesman, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys! I wanted to create this thread because there are several common problems that fixes are still not common knowledge , which results in popping up everywhere. This thread discusses those common problems and their most likely solution.

Before posting in any of the following three sections , you should probably to do a forum search to see if what you're about to post has already been posted.
    If you have a question about the game that is not answered here, ask it here : http://www.beamng.com/forums/5-Questions-and-Support
    If you think you have found a bug, and cannot find the solution here, post it here : http://www.beamng.com/forums/19-Bug-Reports
    If you need game support, post here : http://www.beamng.com/forums/18-Support
    Problem: game crashes when loading levels / starting / etc with a DirectX error
    Solution: Try closing programs such as Bandicam/Fraps/MSI Afterburner. If the issue persists, launch the game directly from the 64/32 bit exe temporarily.

Problem: Game crashes with out of memory error.
    Solution: This problem hasn't quite been narrowed down yet. Please assist the developers here: 0-3-8-3-x64-Out-of-Memory-Official-DebuggingProblem: When I updated my game, all my mods are gone!
    Solution: All non-stock content was moved into another folder with this update, see My-Mods-Are-Gone. For instructions on restoring content see canot-instal-any-maps-ik-the-lasted-version.

Problem: I installed a mod and it's not showing up!
    Solution: Most likely the mod is not installed in the correct location, follow this guide for correct installation.

Problem: I'm getting "Cannot create resource" errors on a custom map
    Solution: This is most likely a case of the content creator failing to provide you the correct files.

Problem: I'm seeing huge white squares on default or custom maps, why?
    Solution: This usually means the level cache is outdated. To solve it, delete the Documents\BeamNG.drive\cache folder.

Problem: I'm getting "Cannot create resource" errors on a default map
    Solution: Try deleting your cache folder (Documents\BeamNG.drive\cache). If problems persist try first verifying the game files, then if that fails, a clean install.

Problem: Textures are missing on a custom map that worked in previous versions of the game
    Solution: See this post for a possible fix.

Problem: The game runs very slow on my computer
    Solution: (NVIDIA) If you're on a gaming laptop, or a PC with multiple video cards, make sure you are using the right one for BeamNG. This can be done by adding a profile from the NVIDIA Control Panel, or by right clicking on the BeamNG.drive EXE file and selecting "Run with graphics processor > High performance graphics processor" or similar option. (Generic, laptop) If you are on a laptop, and you are sure the game is using the proper video device, make sure the laptop is plugged in and on a High Performance power setting.

Problem: When I launch a map and it finishes loading, I can't do anything?
    Solution: Most likely the physics are paused, unpause them using J. If you still cannot see your vehicle and have tried a game restart, you may have to do a clean install.

Problem: When I take a large screenshot, I have 2 large tiles on the left side of the screenshot.
    Solution: Take the screenshot in windowed mode, large screenshots in fullscreen are currently broken.

Problem: When I take a large screenshot, I have a grid-like pattern of lines throughout the image.
    Solution: There is no real solution to this one either, however I have made a program that attempts to remove the lines from a saved screenshot.

Problem: When I take a large screenshot, there are lighting inconsistencies throughout the screenshot.
    Solution: Disable SSAO in in the PostFX section of the graphics options.

Problem: After I spawn in multiple vehicles, I cannot change my simulation speed.
    Solution: Use the first spawned car to change simulation speed until this game bug is fixed

Problem: I've downloaded a map and there are a bunch of "NO MATERIAL" textures on the ground
    Solution: This map is most likely not updated for the game version you are using, or has been created badly. Wait for an update of the map

Problem: BeamNG crashes soon after a level load, game launch, etc.
    Solution: Make sure you aren't running out of memory. The game may also crash if your GPU doesn't support DirectX 10.1 or DirectX 11.

#1 Dummiesman, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i've actually tried this, and it does indeed work

3. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

Can we get this stickied, because this would be really helpful and clean up the forums.

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Anybody have any other suggestions for what I should add to main post?

5. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Oi, you stole my thread! ;)

6. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Yes, where does the damn heightmap go when creating a map, best materials file locations etc.

7. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Err I don't think that would fit the purpose of the topic. Added the recent physics breaking bug.

#7 Dummiesman, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
  8. elias7001

elias7001
    Expand Collapse

HUD dissapears and does not show up again, it does not work again when I press Shift and U

9. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Press F11 to go into the world editor, then press escape to leave. This will reload the UI. (added to main post)

10. elias7001

elias7001
    Expand Collapse

thank you, going to try it next time it happens

11. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

You may want to add this for black/no texture bugs like the ones in cliff 2.0

link (credit author of that thread please)

12. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

thanks, I was looking for this one!

13. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

this tutorial is great ! Thanks Dummiesman ! ;)

14. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I've added the no sound issue, as well as the physics instability issue which both apply to the newest stable versions.

15. JoeWad

JoeWad
    Expand Collapse

The game crashes upon loading a map, and I'm not running out of memory, I still have about 20GB left, but it just crashes and asks to send an error report.

16. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

This may be caused by the Steam FPS overlay, Bandicam, or other softwares that intercept DirectX calls. There was also an issue in 0.4.0.4, make sure your game is updated to 0.4.0.5.

17. dergerch

dergerch
    Expand Collapse

Noob question: is it possible to "unspawn" a vehicle? I know that a spawned vehicle can be replaced by another, but can it also be "deleted" again?

18. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

You have to go into the level editor and search player or something like that, it should be at the buttom of the list of objects, and then just delete the cr that you wanna delete.

19. xXDKXx

xXDKXx
    Expand Collapse

i have a problem the save and load section dont appear

20. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Thanks for reporting, you can work around the bug by making the window wider (until the tab fits).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice