Beamng.drive competitors

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by shinchanf1, Jul 31, 2022.

1. shinchanf1

shinchanf1
    Expand Collapse

It's just like the name says. I've been scouring the internet to find games that have a damage model that is even remotely similar to beamng. Here's all that I have found. Keep in mind, this isn't about knockoffs, it's about actual games.
    first off, starting with games that have the worst visual damage ever.

DiRT Rally.
    This game is praised for having good crash physics, but it seems like visually, It's impossible to notice good damage. The most violent crashes only have the least damage happen. hit a tree at 80 MPH and rolled over 10 times? The bumper falls off, the windshield half cracks and 1 of your 4 headlights break. The crash compilation videos make it look like the most minimal damage is being done to the car. I don't understand why people say it is the best damage physics game when your car can survive deadly impacts into bricks, concrete, and trees at high speeds with just a few scratches. The discrediting crash compilation:

After that, Project cars.
    This game has the WORST visual deformation when it comes to crashing. Crash a car at 260 MPH straight into concrete barriers and? the crash would look fatal from the inside, but that's just camera shaking. Go into 3rd person and you'll see that you haven't even lost a headlight, the bumper is still there and it looks like you crashed into a parked car at 40MPH. the only real damage is the part damage. that 260 MPH crash will kill your tires and destroy the brake disc accompanying it. Your radiator will also break as well. Good at mechanical damage, bad at visual damage. demonstration video(not mine):

And one that you've probably heard of, Assetto Corsa.
    This game has meh damage, Your car has as many scratches as physically possible, but NOTHING breaks.
    A Ferrari does not look like This after a 160 MPH car crash.
    upload_2022-7-31_21-13-30.png
    The part damage also looks minimal, there are the engines, the tires, some unknown part symbol I don't know about, and then the sides. All in all, underwhelming crashes. Could use some rework and some boomer executives at Lamborghini, Bugatti, and Ferrari to realize "oh, people don't decide their car using a racing game?"

leaving the meh territory, into the good/great territory.
    First off, the race driver grid series.
    Has the absolute BEST crash physics for a game about racing. both race grid and grid2 have extremely good crash physics. if your opponent flips 10 times in either of the games, his roof will be flat as a pancake.
    The games have crash physics as good as a demolition derby game. the way the bumpers fall off, the car visually deforms, and how it's related to your actual speed. By far the best racing games with crash physics. Crash montages:

And then, burnout paradise.
    The game does its absolute best to show the damage you do to other cars/opponents, and I think it's great at that! the cars deform very well and parts also fall off as well. multiple wheels, headlights, and more are susceptible to damage. Very good at visual damage.

And, Grand theft auto 4?
    yes, GTA 4. game has very good deformation in comparison to its "successor" GTA 5. the car parts are pretty realistic for a game not even focused on cars. your headlights and taillights can break in a collision, your bumpers can also fall off when heavily damaged. even the engine can get destroyed!

And then RoR
    Made by the same team that made Beamng, RoR was ahead of its time. soft body physics was a genre that had no games in it. RoR Had the very best damage physics. modded cars were of great quality and maps were quite good. Not a competitor, but it's very similar.

Finally, Beamng?
    Yep. scoured online for places where there was another game in number 1, but there isn't any.
    There is Watchmojo, but they're like IGN, very biased and wrong listing. This comment says it all.
    upload_2022-7-31_21-53-18.png
    In a video about Best crash physics, They were nitpicky about Gameplay and said "oh, it's great and all but boring". Burnout Paradise is great, but watchdogs 2 having better crashes than beamng? game crashes that's for sure, but car crashes are horrible in that game.

back onto beamng, Every single unbiased source gives Beamng the number 1 position. Different youtube videos, different top 10 lists, all of them say beamng is the one game in crash physics, number 2 usually has meh crash physics games. No doubt Beamng is the best, but is there any game that might catch up? The only competitor to beamng I have found Is beamng.

I'd like to hear from the community about other games that have good car damage physics or could be a potential competitor to beamng. do you know of any good competitors? if anyone does, reply with it. I'm interested in other games that are similar to Beamng, but not knockoffs. Steam games, Indie games, submit them all! Mobile apps excluded.

2. racerwilson1 2

racerwilson1 2
    Expand Collapse

Wreckfest (beamng's closest current competitor) and the first two flatout games.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Eke

Eke
    Expand Collapse

Rig of Rods is actually enjoyable if you want a simple car crash physics game simulator. I first bought BeamNG 2 years ago and then, 3 months ago, downloaded RoR. Had some fun, I reccomend trying it out

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Nihilanth

Nihilanth
    Expand Collapse

Memorys :rolleyes:
    What a great game.

Attached Files:

• Interstate_76_Coverart.png
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. V3ct0red

V3ct0red
    Expand Collapse

upload_2022-9-4_9-13-19.png

Yessir!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Santino Eli

Santino Eli
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I want this to exist sooooooooo bad!!!
    Screenshot1053.png
    Especially with this below:
    Screenshot1054.png

7. shinchanf1

shinchanf1
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. JordanW1128

JordanW1128
    Expand Collapse

I think The Matrix is also competing considering their crash physics. I'd consider theirs in the good range.

9. JlnPrssnr

JlnPrssnr
    Expand Collapse

Automobilista 2 (which uses the Project Cars 2 engine) recently added a respectable damage model, though it's a bit like those soviet gifs where all panels fall off

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. shinchanf1

shinchanf1
    Expand Collapse

Looking at the crash compilations, parts seem to literally break like legos. While this is better than the average Forza horizon or asetto corsa crash model, it needs deformation physics.

11. shinchanf1

shinchanf1
    Expand Collapse

New vehicle/physics simulator in the works? o_O ;)
    Someone has managed to make kind of good car physics with Tyflow

It's his personal project, but it's pretty impressive. Still currently WIP. Procedural car destruction!

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice