1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

[Beamng Drive] Game Freezing randomly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Cray, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Cray

Cray
    Expand Collapse

[ISSUE SOLVED]For some reason ever since I bought the game a few months back it may seem my PC can’t handle it? It’s kinda a beefy setup but for some unknown reason it continues to freeze on me.

No matter what map I am on, there are times where I could just be driving alone and experimenting with cars with different engines and such and out of nowhere my game would freeze and making loud noises.

I am unsure of what exactly is causing this issue. I have a few mods installs but most of them seem to be doing just fine with the newer updates. I have cleared cache multiple times and still haven’t had the problem solved yet, what do I do?

I seriously don’t want to just throw away this game. I love the modifications you can do with the vehicles in the game and the physics.

I don’t know much but I will try and answer any questions you have for me. Any bit of help would be appreciated!!!

#1 Cray, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  2. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

what are your PC specs to be exact?

3. Cray

Cray
    Expand Collapse

I’m running a Core i5 CPU, a 1650 GTX SUPER as my GPU, and for Ram I just installed another 8GB of ram which would now make 16GB but before any of the Ram upgrade the PC is still running fine to this day.

That is all the information I could give you unfortunately.

4. automationcarmaker1234

automationcarmaker1234
    Expand Collapse

What settings are you running at?

Are you running other programs in the background?

5. Cray

Cray
    Expand Collapse

For programs that run in the background, I mainly have Discord and Google Chrome open up for YouTube. And I also have the Main Steam Page opened up or else how would I open Beamng lol?

For the settings in game, I did tinker with it a little so it’s kinda on the medium side? It use to just hover around 60 FPS but now it’s around 70 FPS. Hopefully this information is good enough?

(Sorry for the late reply)

6. ByteGuy

ByteGuy
    Expand Collapse

What you need to do is run beaming with "Task Manager Performance Tab" on, when you get a spike, screenshot Task Manager and it "should" tell you what caused the lag spike
    e.g.
    upload_2021-7-27_22-3-54.png

7. Sciurus Prime

Sciurus Prime
    Expand Collapse

FYI: You don't actually have to have the Steam window open to play. You can close it after you start the game or bypass steam entirely by creating a shortcut to application in the game folder. If Steam is downloading or installing updates, that can be a big drain on your memory. I always have my games set to update only when I start them for this reason. Not sure if that is the problem but it might help and can't hurt

8. MiniflyCanada

MiniflyCanada
    Expand Collapse

this hapened to me 1 year ago

9. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

it should be fine, that’s a very mid range computer.

10. Cray

Cray
    Expand Collapse

Alright then I shall give it a try and show or at least try to show the screenshot if anything.
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean.. Yeah sure you dont have to have it open but I like it there just in case if I want to switch onto another game or not. But Ill give it a try running Beamng without steam in the background.
    --- Post updated ---
    That is what I was thinking but it seems as if its too little for Beamng to handle???

11. Cray

Cray
    Expand Collapse

That is what I was thinking but it seems as if its too little fo
    Update: I have it a try and literally went around the whole track for 30 minutes with task manager on and it seems such a little solve you gave me solved a huge problem I had! Thank you!

I just had Beamng and Task Manager running and it worked like a dream.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice