Beamng Drive Map Reviews - A Place Where all Released and Beta Released Maps are Put to the Test!

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by JackAttak, Oct 14, 2013.

1. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone, I'm Jack Attak, and I've taken great interest in BeamNG Drive. The community here is amazing and I think it's great that there are so many downloadable community-made terrains being posted on these forums. The only problem is that it can be a bit hard to find the released ones through the mass of work in progress, on hold, and cancelled ones. I also love making YouTube videos, so I decided to start reviewing any BeamNG terrain that I could find and download on these forums. There are currently at lot (I'm getting too lazy to update the post every time) of episodes uploaded and I'm planning to record, render, and upload about 1 or more each day, since they are so easy to make, but don't count on that. The main idea of me doing this is not so I can be popular or famous or anything like that, It's to give reviews on community made terrains that people may not have found before, or might be wondering if they want to download them or not. Here's the link to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqVmnaetEgqoB6U8TAVBLng Here's an actual screenshot of the notes I look at as I record an episode:
    Screen Shot 2013-10-12 at 6.24.18 PM.jpg These notes are only effective as of episode 12+, so you won't see them in episodes I've recorded with them as of right now.

Here's the link to the reviews playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5WIecRX_kt2bdTaWfq7VMfJM1ee_2cm

It would be great if everyone who's reading this could leave some feedback and tell me what I should do for future episodes. Again, the main idea of this post is to help people decide weather or not they want to download a terrain and why.

#1 JackAttak, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  2. Yotaak

Yotaak
    Expand Collapse

Bu-Bu-But, what about my maps :'(

3. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

I reviewed both of your maps and they're great!! I should get the videos out by later today! :)

4. Sevennemesis

Sevennemesis
    Expand Collapse

Your video should be longer, discover more in map, make a video montage of the best moments and allocate an rating (embed in the video) like a TV show.

this is my suggestion

thank you for taking the time to make video.

5. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

6. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

I hope you can review mine as well, when I get some small errors fixed later tonight. Btw, I love your ideal Jack, we someone to review maps here. And your the one! ;)

#6 Holland, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  7. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for checking out my reviews! I've downloaded both your maps but I was working frantically to get all of the reviews I'd recorded up and didn't have time to review your maps. By the way I've done a review on Insanegaz's Insane Tests map so we'll see who gets a higher score based on my rating system (not that it matters all that much). :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I've downloaded your map but didn't have time to review it yesterday. I might be able to review it tonight and get the video out a little later, although that will have to be after I take care of other real life matters and render and upload the rest of my map reviews.

8. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but I edited my post above, and said I was fixing a few errors, if you open it now all you'll get it "No Texture" on lots of objects. Tonight it will be fixed, everything and some more new things. Btw, love your videos, your doing great!

9. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Oh, sorry about that. I'm already uploading the review but I'll be sure to make changes to the video description and update the rating to what it would be if the map didn't have any no material signs since you are fixing them.

10. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

No problem, oh there will be a HUGE update to the map.;)

11. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

Great videos! But as other people have said, you should explore the maps a bit more! On my Desert Road map, you missed the best part, the Demo Derby Arena! and you also missed the trees on Brutal Slope :) This gives me some ambition to make more maps!

12. jackeo21

jackeo21
    Expand Collapse

Hey man, awesome videos, I hope you can try out my map to see if it works, no body seems to be replying to my thread for a while!

13. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Same here. About nobody replying to mine. ;)

14. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Hey, thanks. I've had your map installed for a while but sadly it doesn't work at all. There's a huge black void around all sorts of floating no material signs. I could review it, but it would probably get a negative rating. Tell me if you manage to fix it and I'll review it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

15. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Dude now that you made these reviews, I think you should start doing people's mods. Make a video of the mods members have for download and do that same thing, but with the mods. I think its a good ideal.;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice