Beamng Drive Movie: Epic Police Chase (+Sound Effects) |PART 4| - S01E04

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by FrIzErIs, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

How is the progress going?

2. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

Hard recorded too much footage for intro... need to cut it down.. such a shame to loose it. but 4 minutes for aftermath is too long and thats without news report... as for the rest of the movie, most scenes are recorded... I still want to include one more crash sequence.. Ill edit first to see if I need it... so I dont make the video too long.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Sounds good, keep up some good work

4. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it will take a while. lots of things to do. Been busy with work and other things, so I had to take a break from editing. Too bad I couldnt finish this video till the end of January.. :(

5. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Keep the intro at 4 minutes. The longer the movie, the better.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

Ill try to cut it down to at least 3 minues. + 1 minute of news report then the rest of the movie.. :)

7. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

will you release an un-cut version?

8. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

Maybe Ill show the unused footage in the bloopers/making of video.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

soooooooooooooo 1 more week of waiting

10. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Maybe more like 10-15 days, only a rough estimate, as I'm sure it's a very gruelling process and FrIzErIs does also have a personal life...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

Thats more like it. Even if I finish editing intro today, I will still have to add all the sound and visual effects and record some more footage. finding new music will take time again. and not to forget the credits with 30 people to mention :D

12. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

What are you using for the police radio?

13. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

NFS radio chatter. Not sure if I will need it in part 5.

14. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Ok.

15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm quite amazed what you guys can create with BeamNG, these are really impressive videos!

Really enjoyed watching these as well as other videos, like those Alarm fur Cobra trailers.

When I saw this video I instantly thought about old Bandit movie from 80's (if anyone ever will create those chase scenes in BeamNG, that will be a big hit).

Do you use thrusters to flip cars over or any of such? I put thruster to b-pillar of Miramar, so I can make stunts like they did in those older car movies, but I really lack of skills in movie making.

16. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I used node grabber to flip the cars (used once in part 4) and different camera angles to hide everything, so it looks unscripted. In other crashes I used hidden ramps and even moon gravity to get cars airborne.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

So I edited the intro.... tried to cut it down, but Im left with ~3.40 mins. I mixed together with news report. Continuing to edit the rest of the footage.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

It's ok if the intro is long, honestly, the worst thing that ever happened to me when filming (for a grade 8 video presentation on bullying, really, that's all I've ever filmed, sad, eh?) is working hard on a scene and then just abandoning it to cut the time down

19. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

Done working for today. the intro looks pretty good. just needs some sound and visual effects. Added the rest of the footage too see how long the video is. Its 8 minutes as for now. But its still missing some footage, ending and credits. argghh this video is taking so long to make. Next time I better record the footage and put it into sony vegas right after. Now I recorded tons of footage and It was so hard to pick which clips to use lol :D

20. Modem

Modem
    Expand Collapse

dont rush it! i dont know about everyone else, but id rather see it later, than see it turn out bad!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice