Beamng Drive Movie: Police Convoy Assault (+Sound Effects) | PART 5| - S02E01

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by FrIzErIs, Feb 12, 2017.

1. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

Finally this day has come. I present to you my new Beamng Drive Movie: Police Convoy Assault (+Sound Effects) |PART5| - S02E01

Been really busy at my work, so I didn't have much time to work on the new video. I lost count on how many hours I worked on this, but just to finish it, I worked 14 hours straight yesterday, so I really hope you like it.

In this new episode I introduce to you two new characters: Rebel and Savage, who will join Sweeper and Black Widow to create some chaos in UTAH. Not revealing much more. Just watch the video :)

As always some new sound effects are in place as well as color correction which I never did before. I think it looks great :)

I featured 31 of you in the video. Due to limited time I can spend on the videos I won't be featuring so many people in the future videos.

Video stats:
    Lost count on how many hours I worked on this.
    1 Week of editing sound effects, music, credits.
    974 Clips have been recorded for the video (Many not included because I had to delete them to free space)
    462 GB of total hard disk space was needed for all the clips
    15 vehicles have been damaged or destroyed

I will post application form later. So please hold on for now.

Lemme know what you think about the video? What was your favorite part?

EDIT:

Making of video is out. Check it out for maaaannyyy bloopers of this episode :)

Registration for part 6 is now CLOSED. As I mentioned before I will not feature so many community suggested cars, because it is very time consuming (picking right colors, names, configs, etc) My free time is limited and I believe you all would agree its better to get new movies faster, than wait for a month just to have you car featured for a few seconds.

This time registration will be very strict. If you don't fill application form correctly I won't even bother replying/accepting it (last time many people didnt fill all the info needed and I had to ask for links, pictures, etc many times)

Please note: For part 6 I need civilian cars only.

Your application should look like this:
    1. Your forum name and the name you want to be called in the movie (Movie name is needed if your character gets dialogue)
    2. Full name of the car you want to drive and download link (if its not a stock car) Please don't make complicated configurations, so I don't have to spend a lot of time trying to get the correct parts :)
    3. Picture of the car you want to drive and color name.
    4. (Optional) Do you want to be featured in crashes: Yes/No.

Not everyone who applies will be selected. I will choose who to feature myself (10 cars, 15 max) I will choose who to pick depending on the car they want to drive. If a car like yours hasn't been in the movies yet, or it isn't duplicating with someone else's suggested car, you will have a higher chance to be featured in part 6. Also those who have already been featured in the movies will have slightly less chances to be accepted (unless you surprise me with you vehicle choice :))
    I will probably close applications on Sunday (March 5th). applications posted after won't be accepted. One more thing. Do not send me your applications via PM, or on my profile. fill and post them here.

EDIT Applications for part 6 are CLOSED!

#1 FrIzErIs, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

You know, there's lots of hubbub about monetizing mods these days. This sort of creativity and energy is a prime example of
    why the idea should fly.;)

Can't wait to watch this.

EDIT:

Favorite part was the Stig getting tossed....LMAO. Also loved the trailer wreck. The wrecks seem
    better choreographed and realistic. The camera work blows my mind as usual. Sure you
    aren't a dev?

#2 Aboroath, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

awesome video as always!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ivan lochcov

ivan lochcov
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Like i cool super

• Like Like x 2
  5. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Fantastic, the best one yet!

• Like Like x 1
  6. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

Favorite part was the dummy flying out and getting hit in midair with the car. That was awesome. Anyways, are they ever going to get caught? And are you going to feature some planes in the movies? A helicopter pursuing a plane would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Haida

Haida
    Expand Collapse

YESH I AM IN :D

8. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

what time of work

9. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

My favourite part was the stig flying away xD

Also, i'm in :D

10. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Great work as usual. A couple things I noticed. 1: How'd you get the helicopter working? I can't find a working version anywhere. 2: Where'd you get the licensed car mods? They're obviously not Russian, as they still work and crash well. 3: When you do the next video, could I have a bigger role? 4: Next time, I'd recommend that you don't spend as long with the flashback, I watched all the previous ones before this, and they felt a little redundant in my opinion. Could you make them about half as long?

You've done a great job as usual, and I'm suprised that Beam did all that without crashing! I can't wait for the next one!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

I used an older version of beamng drive I had on my old PC to record helicopter part, because it doesnt work on 0.8 v.
    Licensed mods? which ones are those? Most of the mods I have from a long time ago. Some of the cars were sent to me directly for the movie: Caddilac DTS, Ford Fairmont.
    As for bigger roles, I cant promise anything. I will use less community suggested cars, as it is much easier to spawn a random car, than look for specific configurations, colors, etc. Also I need to spend additional time to make list of who drives what car under what name. Messy applications dont help much too. I think people would prefer to have the videos made faster than wait longer to see their car featured for 5 seconds or so :)

As for flashbacks, I wanted to cut it down, but I had so much good footage I didnt want to waste. And some guys on the forums suggested I leave it as it is, so I did :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Yo, the flashback scene almost gave me a damn seizure. *POOF* scroll around car *POOF* repeat. I think you should use something different for transitions.

13. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Seemed fine to me, don't know what the problem is. I thought the flashback montage was epic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I'd suggest that you take more time, than rush it... And with the applications, you should not accept messy ones altogether. If someone makes theirs messy, than it shows that they don't really care that much.

15. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

Or use Google forms or the like

16. FireStriker

FireStriker
    Expand Collapse

Oh come on! I crashed again! DX Good movie though! You even took my idea of the snow plow! :D

17. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

Well I took 1,5 months (I didnt work on it everyday) to make this, so I didnt rush it much :D

18. AwesomeRacer456

AwesomeRacer456
    Expand Collapse

Oh boy! I didn't get notified... Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a great episode again. :)
    (I'm going to watch it now)

• Like Like x 1
  19. FrIzErIs

FrIzErIs
    Expand Collapse

Yeah you're unlucky again :D Snowplow was planned for use a long time ago. Only now this time has come :) I Will use it again in the future.
    --- Post updated ---
    Lemme know what you think, when you're done watching :)

20. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

I saw myself in the trynelgren flashback ;) Great video!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice