BeamNG suggestions

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ily3eso, Apr 12, 2021.

1. ily3eso

ily3eso
    Expand Collapse

Hey BeamNG Devs. Please add the wheel trails when you go over the sand, dirt, mud, gravel, etc. I would really like to see that, Also please fix the glass bug, it can be seen if theres smoke/fog behind it, which in my opinion is really annoying, Also Please make the manual cars an actuall moving gear stick , And one thing i really hate is the steering wheel being indestructible, Please make it that it can actually fall.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NicOz

NicOz
    Expand Collapse

Detachment of the steering wheel is a really good idea.

3. VENOMOUS 2

VENOMOUS 2
    Expand Collapse

and also raining maybe animation transfer case shift lever 2Hi 4Hi Neutral 4Lo for D-series and Roamer Too,

4. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Did you actually think how badly most of these suggestions would lag? Before making suggestions like this you should learn how softbody physics work in the game, they make it impossible to implement most of this and it would require separate physics systems that would cause massive lag because they would have to be running at the same time as the normal one. The buggy glass is not even fixable, it's a limitation of the rendering engine, and changing this would take many years. And rain is already possible, there are rainy maps. The only possible suggestion here is the moving shifter, (manual and hi/lo), I have no idea why it's not a thing already if it can be done with a pretty simple LUA code.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ily3eso

ily3eso
    Expand Collapse

I do not think it would lag that much, the trails can be easily implemented, like from the game “GTA” it doesnt have to be that detailed or anything, BeamNG is more for high end Pcs.

#5 ily3eso, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  6. _Diamond_Coal_

_Diamond_Coal_
    Expand Collapse

You've been literally told that this isnt fixable in the message you quoted

7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

How exactly? It's not possible the same way as skidmarks, they would need to have depth or else they would look bad

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice