WIP BeamXForza - Sounds & Configs: v0.5.1a

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Galaxia, May 3, 2023.

1. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

v0.5a is looking to be the audio update!

There are numerous fixes to look forward to - here's what to expect:
    - Equalized dB levels of all BxF engines on all vehicles
    - Audio distortion when accelerating slowly has finally been fixed
    - Fixed pop/crackle when selecting/spawning any BxF engines
    - Quality of sound files have been increased slightly

Along with these changes come other smaller fixes/improvements as usual. Once the update is closer to completion I will give status updates and teasers! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

Wanted to share what I've been working on for v0.5a.

In order to future-proof my mod even further, I had to revisit on how I implemented the exhausts. There were a couple of things I had to change in order for this to work but the ultimate goal was to make changing the torque values and volumes super easy. With the way I had it set up in v0.4a, it made this task really tedious and time consuming.
    And thus, with v0.5a, I will be introducing a new "common" part called Exhaust Systems which changes the torque and volume of the exhaust independent of the vehicle flexbodies/parts. What this means is that you can put on any exhaust or muffler part independently from my upgrade. You will now have the freedom to choose whatever exhaust or muffler you want without it affecting the sound or performance.

Another thing you may notice in the picture is a new naming convention for the engines! My friend had the great idea of having the engine type/generation included into the name. This makes the engine easily searchable online to see exactly what engine it is supposed to represent. Some may even recognize them without searching :p

• Like Like x 3
  3. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

#43 Galaxia, Nov 2, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

I'm in the process of reworking some horsepower numbers and wanted to ask an important question.
    Are you happy with the horsepower numbers currently? If not, please let me know what kinds of numbers you would like to see.
    Right now, I'm aiming for around 1600hp for the 8.4L V10 instead of the 1365hp it currently has. Do note that these will be global changes and will affect other engines horsepower numbers as well. What sort of range would you like to see?

#44 Galaxia, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  5. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

Hello again!

After my previous post went silent, I became burnt out and stopped working on the mod completely. It was also a little disheartening to see no replies, however the mod must carry on. My interest for this mod has been fueled again and so development has started once more.
    I would like to say that even know my previous post was aiming for 1600hp, I no longer think this is a good idea so I will be backtracking that. The current horsepower numbers are fine and I think better fit the engines available now (and in the future). After looking at how many engines I eventually want to add, I may decide to start merging some of the upgrade options to simplify the upgrade process. Right now, having 9 different upgrades per engine can be pretty tedious to select, especially when spawning new cars and such. I aim to bring this down a bit so that you spend less time upgrading and more time driving.

Also, thank you for downloading my other side projects! The tachometer and torque curve app is a must-have for me and I appreciate anyone who supports these as well. Cheers!

I have so many engines in the future that I can't wait to share. Stay tuned!!
    p.s. We aren't even half way there ;)

• Like Like x 5
  6. Shata

Shata
    Expand Collapse

When i saw that this mod was last updated in october it was kind of a letdown and thought you gave up on this mod and it would be a shame bcs the sound in this game is not really the best,
    But when i saw your message from yesterday i got my hopes up once more
    Keep on your work man, i can't wait for the next update!
    --- Post updated ---
    I don't know if you take suggestions but if you do i think the 3.2 I6 from the bmw m3 e36 would be cool as an engine to have

• Like Like x 1
  7. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much! That means a lot :oops:
    I do take suggestions! I can certainly look into that and make a decision.
    Also to give you all a peek into what I have to deal with, sometimes engines just don't sound great going from game to game. It's hard to describe, but I've had multiple times where I was looking forward to hearing what it would sound like in BeamNG and then being disappointed because it didn't sound good. I've already scrapped 3-4 potential engines because of this.
    I haven't looked at that BMW yet but I hope it transfers over well enough to make it in.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

Did someone say organization... again?!

I'm very proud to introduce another user interface feature - one I'm confident has never been done before in BeamNG.

Engine Categories!

This allows the engines to be split between different groups and organized based on numerous criteria. Check out the categories below - and what engines are included!

Daily & Economy
    1.1L I4 | A-Series
    2.8L V6 | VR6
    3.6L V6 | LGZ
    5.0L V8 | 305cu

Sport & Luxury
    3.5L I6 | M88/3
    5.7L V8 | L48

Exotic & Super
    8.4L V10 | ZB-II

These 3 categories will host all of my current and future engines and will make selecting an engine easier and more interactive.

To start, select the vehicle engine and pick from any of the three categories.
    #1) BxF - Daily & Economy
    #2) BxF - Sport & Luxury
    #3) BxF - Exotic & Super

They will always be listed near the top.

- After that, the usual BxF engines will appear - and only those in the chosen category.

You may also find in these screenshots that the exhaust system has been implemented, along with the merging of common parts so you spend less time upgrading.

As v0.5a is nearing, I will continue to post status updates and teasers :cool:

#48 Galaxia, Mar 1, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

Alright, status update time!

I'm thrilled to announce a new Exotic engine swap coming in v0.5a -- The 2.6L R4! Coming straight from the Mazda 787B, this rotary makes over 650hp and revs up to 10,000rpm.

#49 Galaxia, Mar 6, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

Audio Showcase #1 - Dodge Viper 8.4L V10

I decided to start a new series of the upcoming audio refreshes. It will still be quite a while before the release of v0.5a. So in the meantime, I will be periodically uploading "Audio Showcases" that give you a taste of each engine and how they sound in the new version. As requested from another user, the sounds are louder and more balanced. The idles have been made louder too. Cheers!

12. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

Audio Showcase #2 - BMW M5 3.5L I6

Take a listen at the refreshed M88/3 from the 1988 BMW M5.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

New Engine Available for the upcoming v0.5a:

Please give a warm welcome to the new Sport engine swap, the 2.0L I6! The R31 Nissan Skyline GTS-R hosts this engine and makes about 210hp revving to 8500rpm. I'm still tweaking the sound of this since it is a little tricky to get right, but I figure I should spoil the surprise anyway ;)

Status Update:
    Version 0.5a is slowly making it's way closer, and with that I wanted to open up a little more. The reason these updates have been taking so long (even the previous versions) is because I've been trying to future proof this mod so that when this mod becomes large, it becomes less overall work down the line. I've been struggling to combat this - and this is why you've been seeing a lot of "behind the scenes" features like sorting everything into one tree and combining multiple parts. I feel like I'm finally confident enough to say that after v0.5a - I can start pumping out engines a lot faster. I have about 20 more engines planned so getting the right processes in place was a priority. Thank you to everyone who has played my mod. I hope to see us make it all the way to v1.0. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shata

Shata
    Expand Collapse

That sound really nice

• Like Like x 1
  15. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

Audio Showcase #3 - Holden Monaro 5.7L V8

Take a listen at the refreshed L48 from the 1973 Holden Monaro.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

Audio Showcase #4 - VW Golf 2.8L V6

Take a listen at the refreshed VR6 from the R32 Volkswagen Golf.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

New Engine Available for the upcoming v0.5a:

As requested by @Shata
    I'm happy to introduce yet another inline-6, this time being the 3.2L I6 from the 1997 BMW M3 (E36)! This Sport engine will make around 345hp and revs up to 8500rpm. Thanks for the request! I hope you enjoy the sound :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shata

Shata
    Expand Collapse

That sounds so darn good

• Like Like x 1
  19. PorscheKing

PorscheKing
    Expand Collapse

This sounds epic;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Galaxia

Galaxia
    Expand Collapse

Status Update:
    Things are moving along! I've finally gotten over the big hurdle which was making everything compatible with the engine categories. Now that this is done, I can focus on copying over the sound changes to every vehicle. This is time consuming, but it is the last thing I will be working on for v0.5a! Expect the release of v0.5a within 30 days. Cheers!!

p.s. With another BeamNG release nearing, and depending on the timing, expect a short delay to v0.5a or a quick v0.5.1a update to be compatible with the newest BeamNG release.

Very glad to hear you enjoy it!
    Awesome :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice