Been working on assets, here's a pic!

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by krallopian, Jan 29, 2019.

1. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Long story short, I got sick of being limited to assets in the game, "But I want something DIFFERENT for this one part, geee golly gosh." So I've learned how to make'm in Maya, and here's my first asset since the Crysis 1 days!

It's not so bad getting them from Maya to the game as long as I'm using that Open Collada import/exporter (thanks again guys for the info!) but Maya HATES scaling in meters for some reason, probably because I just want it to. So I just make it at my own scale, then scale it up in the game.

I started this at 4am yesterday and here I am at OMG 5am (thought it was maybe 1) and I've got all the tricks down, I'm really happy with the progress.

Unfortunately, there was an update just released and with my DSL internet, I have to wait an hour before I can get back in the game and continue working, so I put these shots together instead =D

Attached Files:

• bridgeProgress.jpg
    • first_Asset.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

That's looking pretty good already, do you have a thread for your map already?
    If not, please make one, I want to follow the progress :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

I thought I read somewhere that that's against the rules? Something like, "Since we can no longer make build threads" or something!

Otherwise that thread'd be LOADED by now =D And thanks BTW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Of course you can make a thread if you have progress

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Certainly not against the rules, make a thread here: https://www.beamng.com/forums/terrains-levels-maps.27/ with a WIP prefix :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

Wwwooow, I'm too excited for 7am! Haha, thanks guys, I've been trying to show stuff without being too "look at me look at me" worrying it was against the rules. Derpy derp derp!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice